A miraculous home remedy!!!

purple

I have a miraculous home remedy that almost completely solve my problems. It's drinking Sodium-Chloride solution for intravenous rehydration mixes with bottled water!!! One half of glass solution and other half water. It should be drank slowly, one sip every half an hour. Just a glass every day, I advice everyone to try it. It is probably so beneficial as the main problem with cf is actually not transporting water and electrolytes through lungs, intestines etc. This was a true miracle for me I advice everyone to try it it can do no harm.
A miraculous home remedy!!!

stylecomfy

Hi purple, not sure about the sound of this remedy, as nothing is entirely without the potential of harm...can you explain more about the benefits you achieved from this remedy, also the ingredients that the IV rehydration mix contains? What would be the advantage of this compared to oral rehydration sachets? Just trying to understand, thanks

ethan508

I too am curious what you mean by "solved" and "all my problems." Those are mighty big claims.

The mix you describe would be about 0.45% concentration of NA+ (sodium). Right? In an 8 oz cup this is about a 3/4 teaspoon of table salt. This is about triple the NA+ of Gatorade, but 8X less that ocean water. Your blood is about 0.85%NA+. Drinking concentrations higher than that will leads toward dehydration (as your kidney uses water to remove extra salts). So a few sips of water below 1% NA+ probably isn't harmful, but also no more effective than just using extra salt with meals and snack.

Last edited:

purple

I use Sodium-Chloride solution for intravenous rehydration for inhalation. It just happened one day that I tried mixing it with water and drank it. I felt immediate relief. My breathing improved along with my gastrointestinal problems. I also tried mixing the salt and water in that same proportion but it did not have any effect similar to mixing it with IV solution. So it must be IV solution that you can buy at a drug store. I do not know the reason for this I only know what it did for me and I just would like to share it with others. It is safe as intravenous solution contains 0,9% of sodium, similar to your blood. I drink only half of the glass of it mixed with bottled water as I described in the first post.

Last edited:

ethan508

What was your measured improvement in breathing? Did your FEV1, FVC, or FEV1 25/75 increase (or stop decreasing)? Less wheezing? Less coughing? Ability to take deeper breaths?

What were your GI improvement like? Have you gained weight? Or decreased trips to the restroom? Or had less days with that 'bad guts' feeling?

Where there any other possible changes in your life that could be attributed to these changes (i.e. recent changes or addition of the pharmaceuticals you take, better diet, more exercise, better self-care)? How long have you been consistently on this 'therapy'? How expensive is it? Have you discussed it with a health care professional?

I ask a bunch of questions because I think self studies (where N=1) are interesting and valuable, but they do need to be thorough. Recording your experience in a precise way will help the rest of us understand and access if it would be right for us. If enough N=1 studies are complete we might get a data set of significance to inform clinical care and a more rigorous examination of a propose treatment.

Last edited:

stylecomfy

Hi purple, thanks for your follow up response. I am interested in your experience...logically it makes sense that adding salt in any form could have benefits e.g. in hot climates they often advice CF patients to supplement with salt to avoid losing too much salt and then becoming dehydrated. I do find it interesting that you felt the benefit specifically from drinking the IV saline. So just to confirm, it just contains 0.9% sodium chloride and water? Or does it also contain other electrolytes, glucose etc? PS I tasted saline (0,9%) and it doesn't taste bad.

I'm wondering what else this could be attributed to, but either way, glad you found something that works for you and thanks for sharing.

purple

There was an improvement on my last breathing measurement, also less coughing and ability to take deeper breaths. As for GI improvement I did gain some weight and I am without pain in my stomach which was not the case before.

I have been using this “treatment” for about a year consistently every day. It is not expensive. It is about 2$ for one bag of saline which lasts me 5 days since I use one half of a glass of it mixed with bottled water. It is 100ml each half.

I have mentioned this to my doctor. He just said that if it benefits me I can use it since it can do no harm.

Stylecomfy it just contains 0.9% sodium chloride and water, nothing else.
I tried drinking the saline only without mixing it with water but it didn.t have the same effect on me so I remind you that if you want to try it, it should be mixed with bottled water.