Abby update

JENNYC

So she actually had her clinic a little while ago but I wanted to wait until I had her throat cultures before I posted. She has been under the weather since mid September with cold type symptoms, and she is finally getting over it I am happy to say!! Her PFT's were not so great because she was sick, they were actually going to put her in for a round of IV meds but once they laid eyes on her decided to play the wait and see game because of all of the cold fronts rolling in that keep making everyone sick. Her PFT was 1.33, which for being sick is great! Now the part that is impressing me is her BMI...her BMI in June was 49% in September it was 53% and now in December it is 59%!!! Very very happy about that!! Now in Sept she had normal flora with her throat swab even though she was ill, she also had a nasal swab done by her ENT and also grew normal little kid flora!! Which means no MRSA which she has grown for years!! This time however she now has H-flu again :( While we are sad about that we are still thrilled that she still is not growing MRSA!!! And if I understand correctly normal kids culture H-flu as well, so that makes me feel better. I am unable to tell you what her PFT's are now because our PFT machine has gone fruity!! It is bouncing around from 3.05 FEV1 to 2.97 to 1.47.....so clearly it has issues as she is still hacking when she is blowing but no where near like she was just a few weeks ago when she wasn't even able to do a PFT from hacking so much (great airway clearance by the way!!) So to sum it all up....I am still singing Kalydeco's praises...I would love to know how good she would be doing if it weren't for all these cold fronts!! But she seems to be knocking them by herself which has NEVER happened, so for that we are grateful!! She's still not 100% yet but she is getting there with no antibiotics!! Any how that is where we are at right now. We are having to go through surgery with our non CF son next week to have his tonsils and adnoids removed. Bless his heart they are awful! I don't know why but I seem to be more nervous with him going into surgery than I am with her. But I know God will take care of us like he always does. Merry Christmas all!!!