ABX problems and questions

wanderlost

So yeah. The PICC is out, but now I am covered in hives. Apparently, I am allergic to Fortaz - a cousin to augmentin, which I already knew I was allergic to. This pretty much sucks.

Just FYI - for years I felt like augmentin made my brain swell- I got these crazy bad headaches, but everyone poo pooed me. When I was pregnant with the baby I took augmentin and after my lasty dose I broke out in hives.

I have taken Kelfex since - another cousin to augmentin, with no trouble, so when the pharmacy told me there was a slight chance that the fortaz could cause an allergic reaction, I figured I'd be fine. About Wednesday I noticed that I was getting the crazy bad headache like I got with augmentin, but my son also has had the flu, so I thought it might be that. Anyway, last dose of Fortaz was yesterday - and this mornging: hives. bah.

Why am I getting an allergic reaction AFTER the drug course is through? Werid? Could it be hormone related (I was pregnant, I just started my period??)

what other drugs are in this family that I should probably avoid (as in ones that would be used with CF in the first place, kwim??)

miserable.

wanderlost

So yeah. The PICC is out, but now I am covered in hives. Apparently, I am allergic to Fortaz - a cousin to augmentin, which I already knew I was allergic to. This pretty much sucks.

Just FYI - for years I felt like augmentin made my brain swell- I got these crazy bad headaches, but everyone poo pooed me. When I was pregnant with the baby I took augmentin and after my lasty dose I broke out in hives.

I have taken Kelfex since - another cousin to augmentin, with no trouble, so when the pharmacy told me there was a slight chance that the fortaz could cause an allergic reaction, I figured I'd be fine. About Wednesday I noticed that I was getting the crazy bad headache like I got with augmentin, but my son also has had the flu, so I thought it might be that. Anyway, last dose of Fortaz was yesterday - and this mornging: hives. bah.

Why am I getting an allergic reaction AFTER the drug course is through? Werid? Could it be hormone related (I was pregnant, I just started my period??)

what other drugs are in this family that I should probably avoid (as in ones that would be used with CF in the first place, kwim??)

miserable.

wanderlost

miserable.

wanderlost

miserable.

wanderlost

miserable.

lilismom

Hi,
I had an allergic reaction to amoxicilan this past fall and it wasn't until after I had finished taking it as well. Augmentin is in the penacilan family so you should stay away from that.

lilismom

Hi,
I had an allergic reaction to amoxicilan this past fall and it wasn't until after I had finished taking it as well. Augmentin is in the penacilan family so you should stay away from that.

lilismom

Hi,

lilismom

Hi,

lilismom

Hi,

jamie6girl

It is weird. You know, one time, I was taking Tequin for the second time, and all of a sudden I got hives. I didn't get hives the first time. I am sorry that you are having to deal with all this. That really sucks! I dont have any advice, just wanted to say hang in there and hopefully it'll get better soon.

jamie6girl

It is weird. You know, one time, I was taking Tequin for the second time, and all of a sudden I got hives. I didn't get hives the first time. I am sorry that you are having to deal with all this. That really sucks! I dont have any advice, just wanted to say hang in there and hopefully it'll get better soon.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

kclynn87

You may also want to speak with your doctor and be careful because a lot of antibiotic reactions can cross-over into other classes. I am allergic to all classes.

Take care & God bless.

kclynn87

You may also want to speak with your doctor and be careful because a lot of antibiotic reactions can cross-over into other classes. I am allergic to all classes.

Take care & God bless.

kclynn87

Take care & God bless.

kclynn87

Take care & God bless.

kclynn87

Take care & God bless.