Acetylcysteine (Mycomyst) on Back Order by Manufacturer

ej0820

I heard sodium chloride (saline) was on back order, too. There's a national shortage (or at least there's about to be).

ej0820

I heard sodium chloride (saline) was on back order, too. There's a national shortage (or at least there's about to be).

ej0820

triples15

Super Moderator
Hey thanks for the heads up. I just called in my refill so we'll see if my pharmacy happens to have any on hand. I doubt they do because they don't usually order it until I call it in.

I think there might be two manufacturers though. Do you know if your pharmacy checked around? My mucomyst usually comes from Ben Venue Labs, Inc in Bedford, Ohio. A couple of times in the past few years when they weren't able to get it from them, they were able to get it from American Regent, INC in Shirley NY. Totally different packaging but still 20% solution in 10ml glass vials.

I could be mistaken and it could all come from the same manufacturer but just have different distributors. If that's the case then we're outta luck. I just thought I'd mention it in case it helped anyone. I'll probably find out soon enough for myself.

Good luck everyone!

triples15

Super Moderator
Hey thanks for the heads up. I just called in my refill so we'll see if my pharmacy happens to have any on hand. I doubt they do because they don't usually order it until I call it in.

I think there might be two manufacturers though. Do you know if your pharmacy checked around? My mucomyst usually comes from Ben Venue Labs, Inc in Bedford, Ohio. A couple of times in the past few years when they weren't able to get it from them, they were able to get it from American Regent, INC in Shirley NY. Totally different packaging but still 20% solution in 10ml glass vials.

I could be mistaken and it could all come from the same manufacturer but just have different distributors. If that's the case then we're outta luck. I just thought I'd mention it in case it helped anyone. I'll probably find out soon enough for myself.

Good luck everyone!

triples15

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />I think there might be two manufacturers though. Do you know if your pharmacy checked around? My mucomyst usually comes from Ben Venue Labs, Inc in Bedford, Ohio. A couple of times in the past few years when they weren't able to get it from them, they were able to get it from American Regent, INC in Shirley NY. Totally different packaging but still 20% solution in 10ml glass vials.
<br />
<br />I could be mistaken and it could all come from the same manufacturer but just have different distributors. If that's the case then we're outta luck. I just thought I'd mention it in case it helped anyone. I'll probably find out soon enough for myself.
<br />
<br />Good luck everyone!

triples15

Super Moderator
Have any of you had any luck getting Acetylcysteine 20% yet? Last month my pharmacy filled it with 10% , but now they say they are also unable to get that! Ugh.

What's the deal here? Are they going to stop making it? I'm kind of panicking. I feel like it works so much better for me than hypertonic saline (although I use that too).

Anyway please post if you have any news and/or have been able to get it recently.

Thanks!

triples15

Super Moderator
Have any of you had any luck getting Acetylcysteine 20% yet? Last month my pharmacy filled it with 10% , but now they say they are also unable to get that! Ugh.

What's the deal here? Are they going to stop making it? I'm kind of panicking. I feel like it works so much better for me than hypertonic saline (although I use that too).

Anyway please post if you have any news and/or have been able to get it recently.

Thanks!