Achromobacter denitrificans

aslong

Hello Group

I was just in the hospital for the first time in 5 years. I use to culture Pseudo but it has been gone for about 5 years. I have also cultured Achromobacter Xylosoxidans since 1992 or so. This time i cultured Achromobacter denitrificans. After some research it seems this is not a nice bug and that it is rare. I know that when I first cultured Xylosoxidans I was also told that is was very very rare.

Has anybody cultured this other bug? I am wondering if it was a mistake or if maybe it has always been misidentified. I do not know but, it is weird that I did not culture Xylosoxidans at all. only the new bug and Staph A (MSSA).

Thank you everyone for your insight!

benthyr123

Hello Group

I was just in the hospital for the first time in 5 years. I use to culture Pseudo but it has been gone for about 5 years. I have also cultured Achromobacter Xylosoxidans since 1992 or so. This time i cultured Achromobacter denitrificans. After some research it seems this is not a nice bug and that it is rare. I know that when I first cultured Xylosoxidans I was also told that is was very very rare.

Has anybody cultured this other bug? I am wondering if it was a mistake or if maybe it has always been misidentified. I do not know but, it is weird that I did not culture Xylosoxidans at all. only the new bug and Staph A (MSSA).

Thank you everyone for your insight!

I have also cultured this in March...seems to be growing, but resistant to everything known to man.

aslong

Hello benthyr

Had you ever cultured the Xylosoxidans? I guess they are cousins... This was my first bout with this and we used Merrem and I will be doing Bethkis. I will let you know. I am hoping it does not stick around. It seems that bugs have been dissappearing from my lungs lately. Excuse any mis-spellings- I am doing my vest and everything is shaky... Can't see straight either lol

benthyr123

I don't think so...the Achromobacter I have has grown. I'm told I'll never get rid of it. I don't think I've ever cultured the other...I've never heard of the drugs you are using...interesting. I've always been given Tobi and Ceftaz....