acne and CF?

Jeana

Well, I remember a post about a month or so ago about adult acne and possibly a relationship with CF or meds. Anyway, I have been using St. Ive's apricot scrub for a couple of months and it's really reduced my acne. It says to use it a couple of times a week and I use it every day. I'm not sure if maybe CFers don't slough off skin cells very well or if that's just my genetics (I've had acne since I was a teenager), but I thought I'd share. I'm using the Timeless one, though it doesn't seem to be getting rid of any of the lines around my eyes or mouth. LOL

Jeana

Well, I remember a post about a month or so ago about adult acne and possibly a relationship with CF or meds. Anyway, I have been using St. Ive's apricot scrub for a couple of months and it's really reduced my acne. It says to use it a couple of times a week and I use it every day. I'm not sure if maybe CFers don't slough off skin cells very well or if that's just my genetics (I've had acne since I was a teenager), but I thought I'd share. I'm using the Timeless one, though it doesn't seem to be getting rid of any of the lines around my eyes or mouth. LOL

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

tinamarie4685

I posted something similar, months and months ago... i have VERY oily skin, had horrible pregnancy acne, and now have acne here & there but still very oily. My brother has Cystic Fibrosis as well, is 17 years old and has very bad acne, but he is a teenager.....

Now that I think about it, a lot of CF'ers I know have acne............

tinamarie4685

I posted something similar, months and months ago... i have VERY oily skin, had horrible pregnancy acne, and now have acne here & there but still very oily. My brother has Cystic Fibrosis as well, is 17 years old and has very bad acne, but he is a teenager.....

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

<br />
<br />Now that I think about it, a lot of CF'ers I know have acne............

C

cfsucks

i'm not one for promoting products, but i've had trouble with acne a lot, but i found a product that works really well for me. it's "neutrogena oil free acne stress control." make sure its the power clear scrub (has small beads.) it has pretty much cleared me up except for the odd pimple here or there.

C

cfsucks

i'm not one for promoting products, but i've had trouble with acne a lot, but i found a product that works really well for me. it's "neutrogena oil free acne stress control." make sure its the power clear scrub (has small beads.) it has pretty much cleared me up except for the odd pimple here or there.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

musclemania70

I have had acne only since college. But its horrible cystic acne which means they are very painful red bumps that last a LONG TIME and take weeks to go away.

The only thing that keeps my skin clear is RX Benziq face wash, RX Differin, and RX Duac Gel. I know its a lot but its the only thing that works. And as soon as I stop taking it, the acne comes back.

If you want to try something, I would suggest starting with the RX Benziq face wash first if you can get an RX for it. (my PCP writes the script) Ask for the generic when you get it filled! It is only $5.00 for two bottles that last months! (depends on your insurance too what the cost will be but its cheaper if you ask for the generic) AND ITS CHEAPER THAN THE STORE BOUGHT FACE WASHES PLUS ITS PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH.

I would start there. Give it a couple weeks to start working though. It makes your skin dry out but I'd rather have dry skin that acne skin any day.

Then if that doesn't work, try the combination above but it will be more expensive because those prescriptions are not cheap.

musclemania70

I have had acne only since college. But its horrible cystic acne which means they are very painful red bumps that last a LONG TIME and take weeks to go away.

The only thing that keeps my skin clear is RX Benziq face wash, RX Differin, and RX Duac Gel. I know its a lot but its the only thing that works. And as soon as I stop taking it, the acne comes back.

If you want to try something, I would suggest starting with the RX Benziq face wash first if you can get an RX for it. (my PCP writes the script) Ask for the generic when you get it filled! It is only $5.00 for two bottles that last months! (depends on your insurance too what the cost will be but its cheaper if you ask for the generic) AND ITS CHEAPER THAN THE STORE BOUGHT FACE WASHES PLUS ITS PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH.

I would start there. Give it a couple weeks to start working though. It makes your skin dry out but I'd rather have dry skin that acne skin any day.

Then if that doesn't work, try the combination above but it will be more expensive because those prescriptions are not cheap.

musclemania70

musclemania70

musclemania70

<br />
<br />The only thing that keeps my skin clear is RX Benziq face wash, RX Differin, and RX Duac Gel. I know its a lot but its the only thing that works. And as soon as I stop taking it, the acne comes back.
<br />
<br />If you want to try something, I would suggest starting with the RX Benziq face wash first if you can get an RX for it. (my PCP writes the script) Ask for the generic when you get it filled! It is only $5.00 for two bottles that last months! (depends on your insurance too what the cost will be but its cheaper if you ask for the generic) AND ITS CHEAPER THAN THE STORE BOUGHT FACE WASHES PLUS ITS PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH.
<br />
<br />I would start there. Give it a couple weeks to start working though. It makes your skin dry out but I'd rather have dry skin that acne skin any day.
<br />
<br />Then if that doesn't work, try the combination above but it will be more expensive because those prescriptions are not cheap.