Adult clinic in LA

shay

Hey gang,
My daughter will be spending a semester out in LA this fall. Does anyone have advice for us about what clinic to contact while she is out there? We are from the east so have no clue.
Thanks!!!
Shay

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
The fastest way I know to locate the CFF Accredited Adult CF Clinics is by contacting the regional or state CFF by email or phone. I hope my information isn't dated it's been a year or so since I talked with my CFF representative for Colorado. I'm a late diagnosed CFer and it was bizarre that I had driven past National Jewish Hospital (Health these days) hundreds if not thousands of times over the 27 years I lived in Denver, before my diagnosis. At most it takes me 30 minutes from my house to NJH.

Hopefully you will find a Clinic nearby. Hopefully some of the CFers will have personal contact with the Adult CF Clinics in the region. Many people who attend the Clinic here in Denver come from as far as Dallas, so do check regionally.

Best of luck,

LL

shay

Thanks for replying LL and we are in the process of researching the CF centers on our own but would really like to hear from our LA CF friends about personal experience with clinics and specific doctors there. My daughter will be living in Marina del Rey. Looks like these are our choices:
[FONT=&quot]1. Kaiser Permanente Southern California CF Center - Adult[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Within 14 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Los Angeles, CA 90027[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone: 323-783-3378[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Type: Adult[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Director: Tina Chou, M.D.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. USC Keck School of Medicine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Within 16 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Los Angeles, CA 90033[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone: (323) 442-8522[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Director: Adudpa Pursh Rao, M.D.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Long Beach Memorial[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Within 21 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Long Beach, CA 90806[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone: (562) 933-1820[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Director: Thomas Jiang, M.D.

Any opinions??
Thanks!
Shay

[/FONT]

Kuzimm

When I lived in LA I went to the clinic at USC (I was attending UCLA at the time so this caused me some grief...).

I liked Dr. Rao and the rest of the team there quite a bit. Very thorough in terms of protocol, treatment, and research opportunities. Could be tough (which was good for me, but I know some don't like that as much). Don't know about other clinics so can't compare, but did have good experience at USC.