Advair and high heart rate

carly23

Trying to figure what would be best since im geting a double whamy of two bronchodialators and it makes my heart jumpy :-/ ..they wont call me anything in to go with the flovent if i decided to not do the advair and just do the straight steroid..i read though that xoponex would be better though as it doesnt make the heart race?

imported_Momto2

Carly23, do you take theophilline as well?
I havent experienced a problem doing advair and albuterol back to back, but if it were making my heart jumpy, I sure would want to switch something up! Doing too much albuterol has definitely messed up my heart rate. Are you diluting it with any other med?

carly23

No ive never hears of that what is it? An no i dont.what i do is i do my albuterol, hypertonic, pulmozyme then tobi or cayston which ever is my on an off month for them..would xoponex be a better option then?..when i talked to my cf doc she just said if i cant tolerate it then dont do it?..im like thinking no there must be something we can change i love advair how much it has opend me up!

missT

I switched from Albuterol to Xopenex because of heart rate problems. The xopenex can make your heart race but much less then albuterol....as with me it only happens sometimes. Tell your DR to write you the script.

Havoc

Xopenex is designed to be more beta 2 specific, therefore not causing as much tachycardia. It still can elevate it some, but is usually not as bad as albuterol and certainly better than alupent.