Advice from fellow Christians

Mockingbird

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>
The Book of Psalms is a collection of poetry. That piece of poetry from Psalm 139 only offers evidence that God is omnipresent and omniscient. It has nothing to do with whether we have a purpose. That entire Psalm is about how the author, David, knows that no matter where he goes, still God is present with him. God is all-powerful and all-seeing, so of course he would see things and know about things that are virtually undetectable to the human eye.
</end quote></div>

I really don't understand why you felt the need to post this, unless it is your contention that we do not have a purpose. If you look at verses 13 and 14 of Psalm 139, it says, ""For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." To me, that would suggest part of the omniscience and omnipresence of God is that we do have a purpose, which is supported by other areas of scripture(e.g. Romans 8:28-9:26).

Alao, if you look at the way Jesus and the disciples quoted from the old testmant, you'll notice they did not always use scripture exactly accoring to the context it was originally in. That does not mean they were using scripture incorrectly, it means they were were using scripture according to the Holy Spirit.

You are a very intelligent person, but I think you too often allow your intelligence to get in the way of your relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Mockingbird

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>
The Book of Psalms is a collection of poetry. That piece of poetry from Psalm 139 only offers evidence that God is omnipresent and omniscient. It has nothing to do with whether we have a purpose. That entire Psalm is about how the author, David, knows that no matter where he goes, still God is present with him. God is all-powerful and all-seeing, so of course he would see things and know about things that are virtually undetectable to the human eye.
</end quote></div>

I really don't understand why you felt the need to post this, unless it is your contention that we do not have a purpose. If you look at verses 13 and 14 of Psalm 139, it says, ""For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." To me, that would suggest part of the omniscience and omnipresence of God is that we do have a purpose, which is supported by other areas of scripture(e.g. Romans 8:28-9:26).

Alao, if you look at the way Jesus and the disciples quoted from the old testmant, you'll notice they did not always use scripture exactly accoring to the context it was originally in. That does not mean they were using scripture incorrectly, it means they were were using scripture according to the Holy Spirit.

You are a very intelligent person, but I think you too often allow your intelligence to get in the way of your relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Mockingbird

</end quote></div>

Mockingbird

</end quote>

Mockingbird

</end quote>