Aerobika Therapy

bluedot01

Trudell Medical International, a global innovator of medical devices, is pleased to announce that its Aerobika* Oscillating PEP Therapy System has been selected as a finalist for the internationally recognized Medical Design Excellence Award (MDEA) 2014. The Aerobika is a handheld, low cost airway clearance device that is brand new to the market. Log on to www.aerobika-therapy.com to find out more.

P

Patti Rowland

Hi - I love you guys as we get some of our best info on here. I had NEVER heard of an aerobika before reading about it on here. NO doctor ever mentioned it to us. Well, after reading about it on here I ordered one online as it was only $114 to try. The first time my daughter used it she coughed up so much stuff (and she uses The Vest faithfully 2x a day for 30 minutes.) So, she started using it once a day and the Vest once a day. At her next appointment her PFTS were the best they had been in about 2 years. And as an added bonus - it fits in your hand! So when she traveled by air for a weekend trip she could leave the Vest at home and use this in place of the Vest. (her doctor gave her permission to use it in place of the Vest.) It can be used alone or you can hook it up to your breathing machine and take your levabuterol treatment at the same time.

Beccamom

Advice on disinfecting while traveling in Europe? Instead of distiller water can a person boil water for a certain length of time?

N

neil.corrigan12

Has anyone tried Aerobika? I haven't heard about this but would certainly want to try this. I am trying to contact their customer service with no success.

triples15

Super Moderator
Has anyone tried Aerobika? I haven't heard about this but would certainly want to try this. I am trying to contact their customer service with no success.

Hi Neil!

I have tried it. I used it with my Mobilaire compressor because it says it needs a higher PSI than most neb compressors put out. For me, the hoses kept popping off constantly with the Aerobika, so I gave up. I didn't give it a good enough chance to see if I really noticed a difference lung wise. The RT at my clinic told me to try the Aerobika just as a PEP device, without using it with my nebs. I haven't given that a try yet. I was really excited about the aspect that it can be used in combo WITH nebs, so using it alone isn't super appealing to me.

I am friends with a guy on FB that absolutely swears by the Aerobika and the Aeroeclipse nebulizer cup that is used with it. So maybe I am just doing something wrong or got a funky a set. I actually recently got another Aerobika that I'm going to try just to see if by chance I got a defective one.

You may know this, but it can be ordered online without a prescription here:

http://www.aerobika-therapy.com/order-today/

And honestly, I ordered mine off Ebay for a lot less. I'm not sure about the international shipping on either though.

I'd say, if you have it in the budget and they will ship to you, just give it a go! And if you do, let me know if your hoses pop off constantly! :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Take Care,

Autumn 34 w/CF

triples15

Super Moderator
PS. Also, ask your clinic about this (if you haven't). Some clinics here in the US have been giving samples to patients. Worth asking I suppose? :)

Krysm3

I was given an aerobika from my clinic a few months ago and I LOVE it! I attach it to my nebulizer cup when I'm nebulizing my saline. I haven't had a problem with hoses popping off.

triples15

Super Moderator
I was given an aerobika from my clinic a few months ago and I LOVE it! I attach it to my nebulizer cup when I'm nebulizing my saline. I haven't had a problem with hoses popping off.

Hi! I'm so glad to hear you like it and the hoses aren't popping off! Can I ask what nebulizer compressor you are using it with? Also are you using it with the normal saline, or Hyper-Sal? My respiratory therapist thought the stickiness of the Hyper-sal might be causing my problems. And the last question (I swear), does it add a lot of treatment time? For me, when I tried it with my regular compressor (not mobileaire), the hoses didn't pop off as badly, but it took FOREVER to neb the hypersal. I'm talking like 45 mins of nebbing and the Hyper-sal still wasn't gone. UGH.

Anyway, so for all the questions, but I would love your input. :)

Thanks a bunch,

Autumn

triples15

Super Moderator

Hey Neil, me again. :) I dug up a business card I have from Monaghan (the company that makes/distributes aerobika) with name and contact info of a representative. I'm sending you that info in a PM. Hoping you have luck contacting them that way.

Autumn

T

The Dot

Advice on disinfecting while traveling in Europe? Instead of distiller water can a person boil water for a certain length of time?

Yes - if you are boiling water to use as your final rinse after cold disinfection with alcohol or other disinfectant, then that is fine. You can also boil the device, but be sure and put something in the bottom of the pot if it is on the stovetop so that the device does not come in direct contact with the surface of the pot as this will melt it. See full cleaning instructions at:
http://www.monaghanmed.com/sites/monaghanmed.com/files/Aerobika_ENG_and_SPA_prod_insert.pdf

I also recommend to the person who said the hoses kept popping off the nebulizer when using the Aerobika in-line, try turning down the resistance on the Aerobika and see if that helps...

No. I do not work for Aerobika - I am an RT working to oversee the care of adult CF patients in a large metropolitan hospital. I would be home with my grandson now and not at the office blogging if I worked for Aerobika (lol :eek: !!!)

Krysm3

Hi! I'm so glad to hear you like it and the hoses aren't popping off! Can I ask what nebulizer compressor you are using it with? Also are you using it with the normal saline, or Hyper-Sal? My respiratory therapist thought the stickiness of the Hyper-sal might be causing my problems. And the last question (I swear), does it add a lot of treatment time? For me, when I tried it with my regular compressor (not mobileaire), the hoses didn't pop off as badly, but it took FOREVER to neb the hypersal. I'm talking like 45 mins of nebbing and the Hyper-sal still wasn't gone. UGH.

Anyway, so for all the questions, but I would love your input. :)

Thanks a bunch,

Autumn

I use a Pulmomate? Nebulizer...it's kinda big. I also use hypertonic saline and it takes about 10minutes to nebulize!