Air fresheners- the good and the bad

jbrandyn

So I like smelling good, I guess that is a positive trait. I know that the plug ins are bad for your lungs in general and I was curious about alternatives. You see I am blessed (sometimes cursed) with a wonderful olfactory system and things like aroma therapy, psychosomatic as they may be, are generally effective with me. Should I avoid them becasue of the CF though?
If you have anythoughts or advice please chip in. I will list a couple of my thoughts and see what y'all have to say.
Candles- I like good natural candles, preferably soy or beeswax. Ultimatly I am butning hyrocarbons, but the scented oils are not all synthetic and do not bug my nose as much as other stuff.
Glade-febreze blug ins and leave around the house type devices seem to illicit allergic reactions and heavy mucus production in my lungs. So I avoid them.
Incense- I have not had alot of experience with it outside of cathedrals or ceremonys at the Lutheran Univeristy I go to and it has not seemed to bug me, but I would be very curious to hear about other people's experiences.
Indoor plants- probably the best option, but you would have to be picky about what you are allergic too. I love roses and they don't mess with my breathing so I am experimenting with growing a small rose garden hydroponically (still in the research and design design phase).
Anyway, I know this is an odd topic, but i have been really curious about it lately and thgouhgt I would share or get imput.
Best Wishes,
Brandyn