Airline travel

jamoncita

hi there! i've done a bit of traveling, and haven't had much issue with meds, nebs, or vest as carry on. i've taken tobi, pulmo, creons, inhalers, nebulizer and vest all with me, and these days i have cayston rather than tobi, but the rest is about the same (plus a few other pills). i've never taken a doctor's note, but i suppose it might be good to have just in case. the most i've had any TSA agent do is remove the vest and/or nebulizer from the bag and swipe them with a funny piece of fabric (bomb detector???). i tell them briefly what the mechanism is and what it's for and then i'm on my way!
i have taken the vest on board with me as a carry on, but it's much less hassle checking it - i will wrap a small folded fleece blanket around it, within the bag if i do check it. also, if it's a shorter trip, i'll leave the vest home and opt for an alternative airway clearance routine while i'm away.
the biggest trip i've done with all my equipment was to italy, and that wasn't a problem. i have also flown a lot to and from the east coast between san francisco/oakland to maine and new york, just to give you an idea of the different airports i've gone through (with vest). there are a number of other airports (to/from canada and mexico, various states in the U.S.) i've gone through with my nebulizer and meds, and i've never had a problem. but i can tell you that in canada they are serious about carrying pepper spray with you, if you get caught with it! haha..
i've not yet lost the vest or bags with nebulizer and meds when i check them.
by the way, i never bother putting the liquid meds in the proper, quart-size ziploc bag required of liquids. i put all my meds and spacer and acapella into one perfectly-sized canvas bag and i'm good to go!
happy travels!!
as for that other question about carrying creons, i carry mine in a little cloth bag which i keep on me in my bag or pocket.

StayStrong

Just flew a couple weeks ago and was worried about the same thing. We were able to take all her meds and nebulizer equipment along with premixed bottles on the plane with no problem in a carry-on. To be on the safe side, we got a letter from our doctor and told the screeners up front but no one ever asked to see the letter. They did a check with the liquids that took a couple minutes, but no issues at all. I did not feel comfortable checking any of it since we have had our bags lost in the past.