Almond Milk Weight Gainer Smoothie

rmotion

Almond Milk Weight Gainer Smoothie - Got a picky kid that has lactose issues - try this super tasting recipe for lots of healthy whole food calories!

1 Cup Almond or Rice Milk ( 100 Calories)
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Almond Butter ( 200-400 calories)
1 Banana ( 70 -90 calories)
2 tbl Honey ( (100 calories)
1/2 Cup Ice
2 TBl Protein ( Rice, Hemp or Pea) (60-80 calories)

Blend in blender and enjoy

800 calories later and you are full!

triples15

Super Moderator
Thanks for posting this! Funny enough, just today I bought a plant based protein powder (True Vitality) to try to add some calories. I had to search high and low for a supplement that didn't have any cow's milk protein in it! I haven't tasted it yet, but it's a little scary! ;) I myself don't have a problem with dairy (in fact I love it), but it seems my daughter has a problem with it and I'm breastfeeding her. Between cutting dairy from my diet and the calories that nursing takes I am having trouble maintaining my weight for the first time in my life.

Is the protein you mix into this shake unflavored? Is there a specific brand I could look for? I guess I need to go back to the health food store and look around. Sorry, I'm new to all of this. The True Vitality that I bought is chocolate flavored and I plan to mix with my rice milk and Rice Dream ice cream. I would love any more advice for tasty non-dairy ways to add calories!

Thanks again for posting!

Autumn 32 w/cf

rmotion

Thanks for posting this! Funny enough, just today I bought a plant based protein powder (True Vitality) to try to add some calories. I had to search high and low for a supplement that didn't have any cow's milk protein in it! I haven't tasted it yet, but it's a little scary! ;) I myself don't have a problem with dairy (in fact I love it), but it seems my daughter has a problem with it and I'm breastfeeding her. Between cutting dairy from my diet and the calories that nursing takes I am having trouble maintaining my weight for the first time in my life.

Is the protein you mix into this shake unflavored? Is there a specific brand I could look for? I guess I need to go back to the health food store and look around. Sorry, I'm new to all of this. The True Vitality that I bought is chocolate flavored and I plan to mix with my rice milk and Rice Dream ice cream. I would love any more advice for tasty non-dairy ways to add calories!

Thanks again for posting!

Autumn 32 w/cf

Rice Protein - There are a few options- Rice protein can be kinda grainy so FYI
Futurebiotic is good - Jarrow is ok too
Manitoba Harvest is good for the hemp protein
ALso look at Egg white protein - Jay Robb is good

B

Bruce555

It's a good natural and nutritional smoothie to gain the weight.
It will be the healthy way to gain the weight because it contain more nutrition and protein that will help to gain the muscular weight rather than gaining the fat.

h.hulk73

I would not recommend using weight gainer. It is best to use a natural products: peanut butter, eggs, oats, milk and others.

R

Ryan Reed

What I do once a day is make this smoothy
12 ounces of whole milk
2 tbsp of peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 scoop of whey protein powder
3.5 scoops of a mass gainer powder
2 tbsp of flax seeds
top it of with a hand full of kale.
That's around 1600 or so calories.
But if i'm feeling dangerous lol i'll put some agave nectar and half a cup of oats plus some fruits in there.

N

neil.corrigan12

You are a big miracle! Thank you so much! My younger brother is very picky with lactose issues and he loved your recipe! I make him this smoothy twice a day!

rmotion

THat is alot of calories but many people do not want dairy. It makes them congested. Try making this dairy free.

Adiboo33

Fab recipe!! I would also recommend to alternate on the seeds/nuts front and sprinkle chia, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, peptias....

Johnfibrosis

Great recipe. With my old age its getting hard for me to maintain a healthy weight so I hope this helps me put on some pounds!! My wife says if I keep going the way I have been I will shrivel like a raisin in no time

hellen

The taste is quite good. Another weight gainer smoothies:
Peaches and Cream Smoothie: 1/4 cup heavy cream/¾ cup whole milk/1 cup canned peaches in heavy syrup/1 cup ice cream.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake: 1 cup whole milk/1 packet chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast/2 tbsp peanut butter.
Apple Pie a la Mode Smoothie: 8oz apple pie filling/1 cup vanilla ice cream/2 tbsp caramel sauce.
Tropical Mango Pineapple Smoothie: 1 cup coconut milk/1 mango/1 cup crushed pineapple.

stylecomfy

Hi guys, I'm just bumping up this thread - there is currently a 'recipe contest' on the cysticfibrosis.com/blog page (May 2017). We're giving away some gift vouchers for submissions of CF appropriate recipes in a whole range of categories to choose from. Perhaps the members who posted these delicious smoothie recipes would like to enter them? Details on how to enter is in the blog http://cysticfibrosis.com/recipe-contest-win-a-50-gift-card/ - Send a photo if possible!