Alright people-favorite foods??

Scarlett81

Some of you may know I have had appetite issues right now -mainly I have NO appetite, and I'm trying to gain weight. I'm running out of food/snack ideas that get me excited.

So whats your go-to "happy" food? What puts you in a good mood when you eat that first bite? What will you eat when nothing else seems to appeal to you?
(I've already tried Fred's pretzels, and Lindsey's Lucky Charms-good ideas guys!)

My only craving lately has been Rita's italian ice and since I passed my gestational diabetes test-I can have it all!!!

Scarlett81

Some of you may know I have had appetite issues right now -mainly I have NO appetite, and I'm trying to gain weight. I'm running out of food/snack ideas that get me excited.

So whats your go-to "happy" food? What puts you in a good mood when you eat that first bite? What will you eat when nothing else seems to appeal to you?
(I've already tried Fred's pretzels, and Lindsey's Lucky Charms-good ideas guys!)

My only craving lately has been Rita's italian ice and since I passed my gestational diabetes test-I can have it all!!!

Scarlett81

NoExcuses

My favorite <b>fat-ass in a cup </b> (that I only drink when I need to gain weight) - Venti size Starbucks Frappuccino.

The come in so many different flavors and they're delicious!

640 calories a pop for my favorite flavor. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverage_detail.asp
">http://www.starbucks.com/retai...n_beverage_detail.asp
</a>

NoExcuses

My favorite <b>fat-ass in a cup </b> (that I only drink when I need to gain weight) - Venti size Starbucks Frappuccino.

640 calories a pop for my favorite flavor. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverage_detail.asp
</a>

NoExcuses

</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Haagen Daz Dulce De Leche (caramel) ice cream. Nice and creamy -- lotsa calories.

Greek style yogurt with honey. I can usually find it at trader joes.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Haagen Daz Dulce De Leche (caramel) ice cream. Nice and creamy -- lotsa calories.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Lilith

I'm probably the only one with this suggestion, but cottage cheese has been my comfort food since I was a baby (my mother used to mix my enzymes with it before I could take a pill). I have a bowl every night as a snack before bed.

Lilith

I'm probably the only one with this suggestion, but cottage cheese has been my comfort food since I was a baby (my mother used to mix my enzymes with it before I could take a pill). I have a bowl every night as a snack before bed.

Lilith

blindhearted

Strawberry or Vanilla Milkshake and Fries. The mix of sweet milkshake and salty fries are great. You can try a FluffnNutter. That is a peanut butter and marshmallow puff sandwich. You can buy both in jars at the grocery store. Wash it down with a glass of whole milk. I have never tired it but my husband loves them. A bake sweet potato (made like a regular bake potato) with cinnimon butter (mix cinnimon in regular butter). Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Fudge Ripple Ice Cream. Cinnimon Rolls. Golden Grams is a good cereal. Great, now I'm hungry. lol.

blindhearted

Strawberry or Vanilla Milkshake and Fries. The mix of sweet milkshake and salty fries are great. You can try a FluffnNutter. That is a peanut butter and marshmallow puff sandwich. You can buy both in jars at the grocery store. Wash it down with a glass of whole milk. I have never tired it but my husband loves them. A bake sweet potato (made like a regular bake potato) with cinnimon butter (mix cinnimon in regular butter). Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Fudge Ripple Ice Cream. Cinnimon Rolls. Golden Grams is a good cereal. Great, now I'm hungry. lol.

blindhearted

Lance2020x

Chocolate pudding and my own BBQ Chicken Pizza, DELICIOUS.

Buy a pillsbury Pizza Crust Dough can, a bag of "Pizza Mix" grated cheese, and a bottle of honey BBQ suace.
Get about three frozen chicken breasts (doesn't really matter as long as you have enough chicken)
Cut the chicken into strips and grill (Yum!)
Spread the pizza dough out over a cookie sheet (make sure you spray Pam on the sheet), I like to make mine square and I put little dimples near the edges to keep the suace in (and give it a little crust).
Pour the entire bottle of Honey BBQ suace onto your dough, spread around so it's even
Add your small strips of grilled chicken evenly on the suace, then pour the bag of mixed cheese on top and spread evenly so it melts into the chicken and suace.

The cooking times/temps are on the dough can.
And that's it! Really simple, really easy, takes about $6 worth of ingredients and about 20 minutes to make for a huge huge pizza. No idea about the calorie count, but BBQ Chicken Pizza and chocolate pudding (and choc milk) have always been my soul foods. Try it a couple times and you'll get to just the crispyness you like and it's DELICIOUS. I make it every time my dad comes to visit, he loves it, he always eats like a rabbit, but he loves my pizza so much he just keeps on eating and eating until he realizes how much he's eaten and feels ashamed :-D

Lance2020x

Chocolate pudding and my own BBQ Chicken Pizza, DELICIOUS.

Buy a pillsbury Pizza Crust Dough can, a bag of "Pizza Mix" grated cheese, and a bottle of honey BBQ suace.
Get about three frozen chicken breasts (doesn't really matter as long as you have enough chicken)
Cut the chicken into strips and grill (Yum!)
Spread the pizza dough out over a cookie sheet (make sure you spray Pam on the sheet), I like to make mine square and I put little dimples near the edges to keep the suace in (and give it a little crust).
Pour the entire bottle of Honey BBQ suace onto your dough, spread around so it's even
Add your small strips of grilled chicken evenly on the suace, then pour the bag of mixed cheese on top and spread evenly so it melts into the chicken and suace.

The cooking times/temps are on the dough can.
And that's it! Really simple, really easy, takes about $6 worth of ingredients and about 20 minutes to make for a huge huge pizza. No idea about the calorie count, but BBQ Chicken Pizza and chocolate pudding (and choc milk) have always been my soul foods. Try it a couple times and you'll get to just the crispyness you like and it's DELICIOUS. I make it every time my dad comes to visit, he loves it, he always eats like a rabbit, but he loves my pizza so much he just keeps on eating and eating until he realizes how much he's eaten and feels ashamed :-D