Altera Cayston machine

Bellithorp

Hello all! My daughter is 8 and was dianosed with cf at the age of 4. She uses Cayston every other
Month and for the past 6 months our Cayston machines keep breaking. I am literally having them replaced every half Cayston month. Anyone else having an issue with this? We do not transport the machine not get it wet or leave it near heat or water so I am curious as to why all parts of the Altera machine keep breaking. We currently have Altera send us replacement machines and parts but our warranty is up in October.

MissAlexsBP

Hi @Bellithorp!

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your Altera! I have been on Cayston every other month for a couple years now and I have only had to replace my Altera once! It sounds silly, but it is not the batteries dying, is it? I go through 4 AA batteries about once a month if I am not plugging the machine in when I do my Cayston. Hopefully if this keeps happening your insurance will be your ally! Mine broke out of warranty (I believe) and we went through the eflow team who contacted our insurance and it was only $15 to have the whole thing replaced.

Good luck!!