Amazing PFTs

Havoc

I don't like to brag about PFT's, since so many struggle to maintain theirs.  I am however very pleased with my latest results.<br><br>The point of my post is that I did not get there by vesting, nebbing, CPTing, or a ny other standard treatment.  I got there from exercise.<br><br>Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating stopping your treatments.  I am suggesting that treatments are sometimes not enough.<br><br>To those of you who are of good enough health to exercise frequently, please do it.  You feel better and it will only strengthen your lungs.  I saw a 40% gain in my PFT's from my lowest numbers to today.<br><br>I play volleyball every week, I bike as often as I can (usually about 20 miles) and I purchased P90X, which I love.  Having said that, just getting out and having a walk will help.  Eventually you can work yourself up to a higher level of activity and watch your PFT's rise.<br><br>Good Luck!<br>

Havoc

I don't like to brag about PFT's, since so many struggle to maintain theirs. I am however very pleased with my latest results.<br><br>The point of my post is that I did not get there by vesting, nebbing, CPTing, or a ny other standard treatment. I got there from exercise.<br><br>Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating stopping your treatments. I am suggesting that treatments are sometimes not enough.<br><br>To those of you who are of good enough health to exercise frequently, please do it. You feel better and it will only strengthen your lungs. I saw a 40% gain in my PFT's from my lowest numbers to today.<br><br>I play volleyball every week, I bike as often as I can (usually about 20 miles) and I purchased P90X, which I love. Having said that, just getting out and having a walk will help. Eventually you can work yourself up to a higher level of activity and watch your PFT's rise.<br><br>Good Luck!<br>

Havoc

I don't like to brag about PFT's, since so many struggle to maintain theirs. I am however very pleased with my latest results.<br><br>The point of my post is that I did not get there by vesting, nebbing, CPTing, or a ny other standard treatment. I got there from exercise.<br><br>Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating stopping your treatments. I am suggesting that treatments are sometimes not enough.<br><br>To those of you who are of good enough health to exercise frequently, please do it. You feel better and it will only strengthen your lungs. I saw a 40% gain in my PFT's from my lowest numbers to today.<br><br>I play volleyball every week, I bike as often as I can (usually about 20 miles) and I purchased P90X, which I love. Having said that, just getting out and having a walk will help. Eventually you can work yourself up to a higher level of activity and watch your PFT's rise.<br><br>Good Luck!<br>

LKBamberg

Hey congrats!

I saw a 10% increase in year following a major decrease. This was due to cycling everywhere, pedicabbing (bicycle taxi), and lately, p90x!

This is encouraging. I've been slacking as I moved to a neighborhood where it isn't safe to drive a bike. ANd I've been slacking with p90x, but I'm starting again this week!

Kudos again, and let's keep our lungs heatlhy

LKBamberg

Hey congrats!

I saw a 10% increase in year following a major decrease. This was due to cycling everywhere, pedicabbing (bicycle taxi), and lately, p90x!

This is encouraging. I've been slacking as I moved to a neighborhood where it isn't safe to drive a bike. ANd I've been slacking with p90x, but I'm starting again this week!

Kudos again, and let's keep our lungs heatlhy

LKBamberg

Hey congrats!
<br />
<br />I saw a 10% increase in year following a major decrease. This was due to cycling everywhere, pedicabbing (bicycle taxi), and lately, p90x!
<br />
<br />This is encouraging. I've been slacking as I moved to a neighborhood where it isn't safe to drive a bike. ANd I've been slacking with p90x, but I'm starting again this week!
<br />
<br />Kudos again, and let's keep our lungs heatlhy

M

moxie1

<P>I firmly believe in exercise to help our lungs.  However, P90X didn't do it for me.  I followed it for a month and went to clinic expecting good things (I felt great), but I had a huge decrease in FVC and a small decrease in FEV1.  When I was jogging, my FVC had a huge increase.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>For me, P90x was too much about strength training and not enough aerobic activity.  I'm going back to the treadmill and aerobics dvds.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Awesome about the huge increase Havoc!</P>

M

moxie1

<P>I firmly believe in exercise to help our lungs. However, P90X didn't do it for me. I followed it for a month and went to clinic expecting good things (I felt great), but I had a huge decrease in FVC and a small decrease in FEV1. When I was jogging, my FVC had a huge increase.</P>
<P></P>
<P>For me, P90x was too much about strength training and not enough aerobic activity. I'm going back to the treadmill and aerobics dvds.</P>
<P></P>

M

moxie1

<P><BR>I firmly believe in exercise to help our lungs. However, P90X didn't do it for me. I followed it for a month and went to clinic expecting good things (I felt great), but I had a huge decrease in FVC and a small decrease in FEV1. When I was jogging, my FVC had a huge increase.</P>
<P></P>
<P>For me, P90x was too much about strength training and not enough aerobic activity. I'm going back to the treadmill and aerobics dvds.</P>
<P></P>

Melissa75

Administrator
Congrats! Big fan of exercise here too. I've had a huge quality of life improvement since taking it seriously 3+ years ago. Of course it is a combination, like you noted, of being okay enough to be able to exercise, and then making yourself do it. A standard I set for myself a while back was no more than 1 day in btw workouts unless I am pretty sick. Even then, I don't skip walking my dog for 10-15 minutes a day.

Yesterday, one of the zumba teachers at my gym told me I should be an instructor. My first thought was, "How's about them apples, bronchiectasis?" I dance as hard as the instructors, which cannot be said of everyone in the room, and I cough, cough, cough all the way home (and during class).

Amazing improvement in your numbers. Congrats again!

Melissa75

Administrator
Congrats! Big fan of exercise here too. I've had a huge quality of life improvement since taking it seriously 3+ years ago. Of course it is a combination, like you noted, of being okay enough to be able to exercise, and then making yourself do it. A standard I set for myself a while back was no more than 1 day in btw workouts unless I am pretty sick. Even then, I don't skip walking my dog for 10-15 minutes a day.

Yesterday, one of the zumba teachers at my gym told me I should be an instructor. My first thought was, "How's about them apples, bronchiectasis?" I dance as hard as the instructors, which cannot be said of everyone in the room, and I cough, cough, cough all the way home (and during class).

Amazing improvement in your numbers. Congrats again!