annual review

P

PDC 4 EVER

My lung function has dropped by 1.6% in the last year. It is down to 31.3 now. Nobody at my hospital seems to be that worried as its within the allowable 20% swing!!!
I on the other hand am looking at a lung transplant in poss 3-5 yrs and am very worried by it!

running4life

Seeing as how on any given day your lung function can swing 5% either way due to machine error, I wouldn't worry.

I know it much be a scary place to be and I cannot pretend to know what you are going through. Do ALL YOU can in your power and leave the rest to God. You can only do what you can do and have to trust God with every step along the way. Perhaps a lung transplant IS the answer to your prayers.

scarecrow

As someone who is looking back on 30% let me say that every point you lose from now on is like a piece of your life that has been taken away.

I don't say that to be negative, because I haven't given up either, but it is much easier to hold on to what you have than to gain back what you've lost.

Do anything you can to hold on to what you have. Exercise is so important!! Do whatever breathing treatments it takes to keep your lungs clear and try whatever seems to make sense to you to keep yourself healthy.

I have very low 20's lung function and do not use O2. I work as an OTR truck driver and it is harder than it has ever been to keep going. I would do anything to get back to 35%.

markinohio

My lung function dropped about 5% this past spring, from mid 30's to low 30's on a consistent basis. I was evaluated three years ago and will be re-evaluated soon, but I don't think I'm there yet. When my lung function dropped to the low 30's, I could tell some difference, but not much. A question to "scarecrow"- Is it your choice not to be on O2 or do you not qualify? I would think O2 would be some improvement. It has been for me. Keep on truckin'.