Any thoughts

A

Aspiemom

No advice, but I've been there, Mel. I was like that for about a month, at least. No other symptoms, like you said. I got so tired of people remarking on my voice!!

I was a speech major my freshman year in college - way back in the cave days :) - and lost my voice from coughing so much. My teacher said not to whisper because whispering damages the vocal folds easily and you can do permanent damage to them. I knew someone who permanently sounded raspy because of that. So when it happened to me for the extended time I was thinking "uh oh, now I did it". All of those Tobi times when I lost my voice I could only whisper and sometimes I had to, but I was thinking that I had done permanent damage. But eventually it returned to normal, seemingly for no reason.

A

Aspiemom

No advice, but I've been there, Mel. I was like that for about a month, at least. No other symptoms, like you said. I got so tired of people remarking on my voice!!

I was a speech major my freshman year in college - way back in the cave days :) - and lost my voice from coughing so much. My teacher said not to whisper because whispering damages the vocal folds easily and you can do permanent damage to them. I knew someone who permanently sounded raspy because of that. So when it happened to me for the extended time I was thinking "uh oh, now I did it". All of those Tobi times when I lost my voice I could only whisper and sometimes I had to, but I was thinking that I had done permanent damage. But eventually it returned to normal, seemingly for no reason.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

coltsfan715

This is one of the first signs of thrush for me. I start to get raspy then I get the sore throat a few days later then within a day of the sore throat my voice is gone entirely. For whatever reason I do NOT get the white patches in my mouth with thrush - who knows.

I would maybe just try rinsing your mouth a little more often and drink more water too cause you may just be slightly dehydrated - who knows if that can even cause the raspy voice thing, but I know when I drink water and my throat is messed up it helps with it.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

This is one of the first signs of thrush for me. I start to get raspy then I get the sore throat a few days later then within a day of the sore throat my voice is gone entirely. For whatever reason I do NOT get the white patches in my mouth with thrush - who knows.

I would maybe just try rinsing your mouth a little more often and drink more water too cause you may just be slightly dehydrated - who knows if that can even cause the raspy voice thing, but I know when I drink water and my throat is messed up it helps with it.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

M

MCGrad2006

hmmmm....good point LInsdey! I never thought of that being a symptom of thrush, but while I was still sounding horse, my doc diagnosed me with the thrush...I bet thats what my voice issue was....cuz it cleared up.

But Like I said Mel, i think mine was partially allergy related...

M

MCGrad2006

hmmmm....good point LInsdey! I never thought of that being a symptom of thrush, but while I was still sounding horse, my doc diagnosed me with the thrush...I bet thats what my voice issue was....cuz it cleared up.

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

sunkistdrinker

Maybe drink lots of water??? If Ive been sick, sometimes a few days later, I have a rough voice from all the coughing and drainage, etc.. Drinking plenty of water tends to help. Good luck!

m/28/cf

sunkistdrinker

Maybe drink lots of water??? If Ive been sick, sometimes a few days later, I have a rough voice from all the coughing and drainage, etc.. Drinking plenty of water tends to help. Good luck!

m/28/cf

sunkistdrinker

m/28/cf

sunkistdrinker

m/28/cf

sunkistdrinker

m/28/cf