Anyone else having a tough time with their CF'er?

Jimmya

I have an 11yo boy who is getting increasing obstinate when it comes to treatments! Turn your back on him for a second and he'll "cheek" or just outright expose of his oral meds. It's become absolutely necessary to sit with him during his VEST, huffs and nebs! I'm really getting frustrated trying to keep him well. He's even started saying that he's tired of being sick and tired and does not want to do it anymore. Its getting to the point that the harder I push the less he will do.

Any suggestions that have worked some of you in the same situation?

Jimmya

I have an 11yo boy who is getting increasing obstinate when it comes to treatments! Turn your back on him for a second and he'll "cheek" or just outright expose of his oral meds. It's become absolutely necessary to sit with him during his VEST, huffs and nebs! I'm really getting frustrated trying to keep him well. He's even started saying that he's tired of being sick and tired and does not want to do it anymore. Its getting to the point that the harder I push the less he will do.

Any suggestions that have worked some of you in the same situation?

Jimmya

<br />
<br />Any suggestions that have worked some of you in the same situation?

2DIE4Corey

hello. the problem is, that everyone who suffers from CF, thinks on one day, why me, i am rid of it and stuff like that. the older your kid get, the easier it will be. He has to understand, that its good for him what he has to do.
I didnt make it easy for my parents as well. Now I am 25 and deal with CF since 25 years. greetings from Austria!Delia!

2DIE4Corey

hello. the problem is, that everyone who suffers from CF, thinks on one day, why me, i am rid of it and stuff like that. the older your kid get, the easier it will be. He has to understand, that its good for him what he has to do.
I didnt make it easy for my parents as well. Now I am 25 and deal with CF since 25 years. greetings from Austria!Delia!

2DIE4Corey

<br />I didnt make it easy for my parents as well. Now I am 25 and deal with CF since 25 years. greetings from Austria!Delia!

LisaGreene

This is very common for the age. In fact it's so common, I wrote a whole book about how to deal with it. It's called "Parenting Children with Health Issues" by Cline and Greene, avail on amazon.

For starters, check out this new (free) pamphlet I just published which will give you lots of good ideas to deal with this.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.parentingchildrenwithhealthissues.citymax.com/f/Elementary_Booklet_032811.pdf
">http://www.parentingchildrenwi...ry_Booklet_032811.pdf
</a>
Also visit my website at www.TipsForCFParents.com under videos and watch the "Winning with CF" presentation at the Ark Children's Hospital.

You can handle it with just a few, simple parenting tools as I teach in the video.

Good luck, Lisa

PS: The harder you push, the more he'll resist (it's human nature). You have to get thoughtful and purposeful about how you respond. Nagging, punishing, lecturing, and pushing won't work with preteens and teens..

LisaGreene

This is very common for the age. In fact it's so common, I wrote a whole book about how to deal with it. It's called "Parenting Children with Health Issues" by Cline and Greene, avail on amazon.

For starters, check out this new (free) pamphlet I just published which will give you lots of good ideas to deal with this.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.parentingchildrenwithhealthissues.citymax.com/f/Elementary_Booklet_032811.pdf
</a>
Also visit my website at www.TipsForCFParents.com under videos and watch the "Winning with CF" presentation at the Ark Children's Hospital.

You can handle it with just a few, simple parenting tools as I teach in the video.

Good luck, Lisa

PS: The harder you push, the more he'll resist (it's human nature). You have to get thoughtful and purposeful about how you respond. Nagging, punishing, lecturing, and pushing won't work with preteens and teens..

LisaGreene

<br />
<br />For starters, check out this new (free) pamphlet I just published which will give you lots of good ideas to deal with this.
<br /> <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.parentingchildrenwithhealthissues.citymax.com/f/Elementary_Booklet_032811.pdf
</a><br />
<br />Also visit my website at www.TipsForCFParents.com under videos and watch the "Winning with CF" presentation at the Ark Children's Hospital.
<br />
<br />You can handle it with just a few, simple parenting tools as I teach in the video.
<br />
<br />Good luck, Lisa
<br />
<br />PS: The harder you push, the more he'll resist (it's human nature). You have to get thoughtful and purposeful about how you respond. Nagging, punishing, lecturing, and pushing won't work with preteens and teens..
<br />
<br />