Anyone else with bad nausea?

suziesmom

My daughter is 24 and has CF. We know the one mutation is the Delta 508. The other is a very long sequence of letters and numbers and no one else has it. Lately she has become extremely nauseated. She has not vomited, but she does gag.
Any help at all would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you!
Suziesmom

nmw0615

What are the circumstances around the gagging/nausea? For me, when my MRSA is starting to cause problems, the never ending cough triggers my gag reflex and I have thrown up because of it. If I start a new medication, sometimes it makes me sick for a day or two. I also get extremely nauseous when my digestive system is getting backed up and I need a day or two of miralax.

azdesertrat

I have lots of problems with nausea. I don't know if its from the anti-rejection meds or what, nut it sure is miserable.
Most times when I get nauseated, I vomit. Even if there's nothing in my stomach, I'll still vomit.
Compazine sometimes helps, just not good enough.
I'm sorry you have to deal with the same problem I do. It really sucks...

aslong

Nausea remedy

Hello

I use to have nausea all the time... I discovered Ginger. I drank ginger ale all the time and it was the only thing that helped. I now drink ginger tea with honey when I feel nauseated.

I hope this helps
Amy Long 36 wcf DDF508 Homozygous.

suziesmom

What are the circumstances around the gagging/nausea? For me, when my MRSA is starting to cause problems, the never ending cough triggers my gag reflex and I have thrown up because of it. If I start a new medication, sometimes it makes me sick for a day or two. I also get extremely nauseous when my digestive system is getting backed up and I need a day or two of miralax.

Thank you for the reply! When she coughs it turns into gagging. She cannot drink plain water because she says it "mixes with the taste of the sputum" and makes her gag even more. She rarely vomits, but is gagging a lot and can't seem to talk or get her breath afterwords for a few minutes. Her doctor did tell her it could be constipation and she has been doing Milk of Magnesia almost every night. That is also a problem because she can't stand the taste. She does have MRSA is her lungs.

THANK YOU again.

suziesmom

Thank you so much for the reply. They did put her on an anti-nausea pill and you are right, they don't do much. And yes this does certainly suck! Thank you so much for your reply.

suziesmom

Hello Amy and thank you so much for your idea. We will try ginger tea with honey and see if that works. I treasure every answer from each person on here, because many times we all know better than the Dr's do. Thank you!