Anyone ever join a class-action case against a pharmaceutical company?

CFkitty

I have twice suffered unexpected side effects due to use of a particular medication. The first time, I didn't know that it could have contributed to the health issue; the second time, my doctors were pretty confident that the medication was to blame.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? I did have significant medical problems - could have been deadly - and had to change my lifestyle and take medication to treat the problem for six months each incident.
You can send me a private message if you want to share your story there. I'm normally not someone to consider suing anybody, but I suffered for nearly a year in total, and faced lethal effects twice. Even though my insurance covered the healthcare costs, if I had not had these episodes, I would not have needed the additional, special care.
Thanks in advance.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Are you sure you mean joining a clas action or do you mean being named a plaintiff and bringing your own claim on behalf of a class? Or do you just mean bringing your own lawsuit? If it's joining a class action, there is already an attorney involved and you can discuss with them your case (and get a feel for whether you want to be involved) or hire your own attorney to decide if you want to "opt-out" of the class action. But there is typically a time frame for opting out and if you don't opt out and don't join, in general you are bound by the outcome and not able to pursue a separate case.