Anyone had experience with essential oils?

kristenj

Hi there, I was curious if anyone has had any experience with essential oils, particularly do Terra brand? I have read some really encouraging testimonials on these and I am continuously looking for ways to combine my conventional CF clinic medical model with alternative therapies to boost my overall health and wellness. I would love to hear any feedback! Thank you!

knowitall

Banned
doTERRA and Young Living are garbage and over priced. I'm not going to sit here and try to sell you. As if you can't do your own research then well I can't help you now can I?

anandaapothecary.com Quality, they offer CO2 methods for super-critical extractions and the prices are fantastic.

B

Brinlysmom

I use tea tree oil for cleaning my hardwood floors and counter tops. I put 1 capful into an old spray bottle filled with water. I am actually going to take a aromatherapy course this summer to see what essential oil combinations can do for my 9 year old with CF. I use many alternative natural meds for her along with her daily CF meds. She has PA and tea tree oil does get rid of it via surfaces. If only I could put it in her lungs-lol! I am thinking of trying the mister with tea tree oil in her room but have not gotten around to it. If i find out anything I will post it :)

Maybe knowitall can give her positive input with and usage of the oils she has bought from the website she has provided?

Blythe

H

heidikk

I have used lavender and tea tree topically for bruises, stings, soreness, etc many many times with good - sometimes amazing results. Since finding out my son has CF, I've used what amounts to a "Thieves oil" blend, geranium, lavender, and frankincense, rotating between them. I blend a few drops with a carrier oil and rub into his chest and the bottoms of his feet. I've also put a few drops into his bath water and have considered getting a diffuser, though the jury's still out on that idea. I have no idea how much of his good health so far can be attributed to the EO's, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Gentrygirl

I had read some pieces on asthma patients having trouble with Essential Oils causing more swelling and irritation. I asked our docs their thoughts on that for CF. They answered its basically up to the individual if their body is irritated by the essential oils. I'd just be aware that it can happen, in case you notice any difficulty after starting to use it.