Anyone have any experience with Quinton or Marine Plasma?

dougs280z

My wife is pregnant with a CF baby due in January. My aunt owns a health products company in Colorado and she's been doing some research and talking with doctors and she highly suggests that we start some treatments with a product called Quinton which i believe is also called marine plasma. It's supposed to be great for all around health and help fight diseases/sickness etc. She's sending 6 boxes for free to get started which is awesome, and so far I haven't seen anything negative about it. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Never heard of it, but I'm assuming it is for your wife to take now. Before she starts anything I would discuss with both her OB and the CF team. This disease is very scary and because it if we often are desparate to try anything that can help. But there are risks which might differ for CFers than the "normal" population and then issues of drug interaction, etc. My recommendation would be to focus on being ready with all the FDA approved drugs, getting your vaccines, eating healthy, etc. I am still working on my "what to expect" letter--have been swamped at work and home and I wanted to put more thought into it.
PS Loved seeing the family picture on your marathon page! So nice to be able to picture everyone. Good luck with that.

dougs280z

Thanks for the reply. We do have an OB appointment tomorrow and are getting another ultrasound as well. I'm going to talk with them about it as well. It sounds like the stuff is just very rich in minerals and is good for all around health. It doesn't seem to have any real link to CF so I'm not sure where my aunt got her information. Thanks again for preparing that letter. I'm sure my wife will be very appreciative of some extra info.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I had asked our original CF doctor on some "alternative things." Her reply was wonderful: So long as it is safe and no negatives then she would be all for trying, but if there is any risk without good evidence of benefit she would caution against it. She was Chinesse and her grandfather was a alternative medicine doctor so she was open to the concept but also recognized how desparate we are. And the danger is that the alternative stuff isn't regulated and even the FDA regulated stuff can have problems with production, safety, etc. Hopefully you can get some good info from the doctors.