Anyone Live in or Near Lafayette, LA? Considering Relocating!

pjspiegle

Considering relocating to Lafayette, LA and wondering about life for CFer's in the area. I think that there is a CFF chapter in Baton Rouge and the center is in Sherveport? Does anyone know? Does anyone know any of the docs here? Any recommendations? We are considering going to the adult clinic instead of peds since Nathan will be 17 in just a couple of weeks. He doesn't like the idea of getting a new doc and then turning around in a year and getting yet another new one. Thanks for your help, suggestions, ideas, and information!

Patty

pjspiegle

Considering relocating to Lafayette, LA and wondering about life for CFer's in the area. I think that there is a CFF chapter in Baton Rouge and the center is in Sherveport? Does anyone know? Does anyone know any of the docs here? Any recommendations? We are considering going to the adult clinic instead of peds since Nathan will be 17 in just a couple of weeks. He doesn't like the idea of getting a new doc and then turning around in a year and getting yet another new one. Thanks for your help, suggestions, ideas, and information!

Patty

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />Patty

S

semperfiohana

try pming hbollotte. i'll send her a message on facebook.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

hbollotte

i'm about 40 miles west of lafayette. i travel to the cf adult clinic in houston, tx. i was dx at tulane in new orleans but have been traveling to houston, tx ever since my diagnosis. try contacting erin archerber or anna kate casanova at the cf chapter in baton rouge. i'm sure they could assist you. i don't know anyone that goes to the cf clinics in louisiana, so sorry i can't help you out. but if you consider texas childrens in houston, or baylor adult clinic in houston i would recommend it. it would be about a three hour drive from lafayette. it takes me two hours to get there from where i live. south west louisiana is great!

hbollotte

i'm about 40 miles west of lafayette. i travel to the cf adult clinic in houston, tx. i was dx at tulane in new orleans but have been traveling to houston, tx ever since my diagnosis. try contacting erin archerber or anna kate casanova at the cf chapter in baton rouge. i'm sure they could assist you. i don't know anyone that goes to the cf clinics in louisiana, so sorry i can't help you out. but if you consider texas childrens in houston, or baylor adult clinic in houston i would recommend it. it would be about a three hour drive from lafayette. it takes me two hours to get there from where i live. south west louisiana is great!

hbollotte

running4life

I live in MS and go to Tulane in New Orleans - great CF center. I love my nurse and doctor! I went to the pediatric (Dr. Davis and Dr. Beckerman) when I was younger and now see Dr. Dean Elithorpe. The number to the adult lung center is: 504 988 8600

running4life

I live in MS and go to Tulane in New Orleans - great CF center. I love my nurse and doctor! I went to the pediatric (Dr. Davis and Dr. Beckerman) when I was younger and now see Dr. Dean Elithorpe. The number to the adult lung center is: 504 988 8600

running4life

Matt70592

I am a 40 year male and have live in Lafayette all my life. I been going to Tulane CF center since I was 6 weeks old Dr. Dean Ellithorpe - Adult Program Director has seen me since I was 19. It is a 2 hour drive east from here. I did attend the Sherveport clinic after katrina for a year. DR. Kimberly L. Jones is the Adult Program Director there but I perfer Tulane...

I think Dr. Scott Davis (The Director of the Pediatric clinic at Tulane) still holds a CF clinic in Lafayette a couple time a month at Women's & Children's Hospital on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy but there is no Adult Program there.

Hope this helps

Matt70592

I am a 40 year male and have live in Lafayette all my life. I been going to Tulane CF center since I was 6 weeks old Dr. Dean Ellithorpe - Adult Program Director has seen me since I was 19. It is a 2 hour drive east from here. I did attend the Sherveport clinic after katrina for a year. DR. Kimberly L. Jones is the Adult Program Director there but I perfer Tulane...

I think Dr. Scott Davis (The Director of the Pediatric clinic at Tulane) still holds a CF clinic in Lafayette a couple time a month at Women's & Children's Hospital on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy but there is no Adult Program there.

Hope this helps

Matt70592

<br />
<br />I think Dr. Scott Davis (The Director of the Pediatric clinic at Tulane) still holds a CF clinic in Lafayette a couple time a month at Women's & Children's Hospital on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy but there is no Adult Program there.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps

LiveOutLoud

Patty,

Hi! I live in central La and attend CF Clinic in Shreveport. I've attended since I was 6 weeks old at LSU Shreveport and love it. I'm 27 now and attend the Adult Clinic. Dr Jones is the head of the clinic and she is wonderful. She treats all illnesses agressively and I attribute that to my high PFTs. The number to her office is (318) 675-6094. Her support staff is also EXCELLENT! Really caring and genuine people. If you have any questions, please let me know. I've never tried Tulane b/c of its distance from me but HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kimberly Jones. SHe is very prompt at returning calls and answers her phone!! LOL!!!

Best of luck to you!
Randi

LiveOutLoud

Patty,

Hi! I live in central La and attend CF Clinic in Shreveport. I've attended since I was 6 weeks old at LSU Shreveport and love it. I'm 27 now and attend the Adult Clinic. Dr Jones is the head of the clinic and she is wonderful. She treats all illnesses agressively and I attribute that to my high PFTs. The number to her office is (318) 675-6094. Her support staff is also EXCELLENT! Really caring and genuine people. If you have any questions, please let me know. I've never tried Tulane b/c of its distance from me but HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kimberly Jones. SHe is very prompt at returning calls and answers her phone!! LOL!!!

Best of luck to you!
Randi

LiveOutLoud

Patty,
<br />
<br />Hi! I live in central La and attend CF Clinic in Shreveport. I've attended since I was 6 weeks old at LSU Shreveport and love it. I'm 27 now and attend the Adult Clinic. Dr Jones is the head of the clinic and she is wonderful. She treats all illnesses agressively and I attribute that to my high PFTs. The number to her office is (318) 675-6094. Her support staff is also EXCELLENT! Really caring and genuine people. If you have any questions, please let me know. I've never tried Tulane b/c of its distance from me but HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kimberly Jones. SHe is very prompt at returning calls and answers her phone!! LOL!!!
<br />
<br />Best of luck to you!
<br />Randi

pjspiegle

Thanks All!!! It sounds like LA is a good place for people with CF. We have seen the same doc since Nathan was 3 weeks old so this shall be a big adventure for the both of us! I was in Lafayette for 4 days interviewing and loved the city and the WEATHER!! It was awesome. Though I hear it gets hot in the summer, but where doesn't it get hot in the summer? I know, the humidity, but no matter where you live there is a icky part of the weather aspect to deal with. It is looking good that we will be moving but will know for sure hopefully tomorrow morning! Thanks again, and I am sure to ask more questions as we get moved and settled. Thanks again for the support and willingness to share info.

pjspiegle

Thanks All!!! It sounds like LA is a good place for people with CF. We have seen the same doc since Nathan was 3 weeks old so this shall be a big adventure for the both of us! I was in Lafayette for 4 days interviewing and loved the city and the WEATHER!! It was awesome. Though I hear it gets hot in the summer, but where doesn't it get hot in the summer? I know, the humidity, but no matter where you live there is a icky part of the weather aspect to deal with. It is looking good that we will be moving but will know for sure hopefully tomorrow morning! Thanks again, and I am sure to ask more questions as we get moved and settled. Thanks again for the support and willingness to share info.