Anyone use periactin?

dlo2977

We are getting ready to start periactin in my 4 year old daughter to try to get a few lbs on her. Has anyone used it?? Did it work?? When you stopped giving it, did your child lose the weight??

dlo2977

We are getting ready to start periactin in my 4 year old daughter to try to get a few lbs on her. Has anyone used it?? Did it work?? When you stopped giving it, did your child lose the weight??

dlo2977

<br />

hmw

Emily used it a long time ago. It was extremely sedating- to the point of affecting her ability to function- at even low doses. It didn't have a noticeable effect on her appetite.

hmw

Emily used it a long time ago. It was extremely sedating- to the point of affecting her ability to function- at even low doses. It didn't have a noticeable effect on her appetite.

hmw

S

semperfiohana

i tried it many years ago. while it did help with my appetite, it made me very sleepy so i stopped taking it.

S

semperfiohana

i tried it many years ago. while it did help with my appetite, it made me very sleepy so i stopped taking it.

S

semperfiohana

RebekahsMom

Bek, 6 1/2, uses it. She was taking 2 mg before all 3 meals, but as Harriett said, it totally wiped her out. She would get home from school, fall asleep during afternoon treatments, not wake up for dinner until 7:30 or later (with us trying for more than an hour to get her up), then back to sleep during before bed treatments at 8:30. We had her cut back to 2 mg just before dinner. She still naps fter school, but she can wake up easier and earlier.

She had told me that she didn't want to take it anymore because it wasn't working. About 4 months ago, clinic changed it to 2 mg before dinner for 3 weeks, then 1 week off, saying that sometimes it works better by doing that. I really don't see that it's working. She's been on it for about a year now, and has not put on much weight in the last year.

Good luck with it.

RebekahsMom

Bek, 6 1/2, uses it. She was taking 2 mg before all 3 meals, but as Harriett said, it totally wiped her out. She would get home from school, fall asleep during afternoon treatments, not wake up for dinner until 7:30 or later (with us trying for more than an hour to get her up), then back to sleep during before bed treatments at 8:30. We had her cut back to 2 mg just before dinner. She still naps fter school, but she can wake up easier and earlier.

She had told me that she didn't want to take it anymore because it wasn't working. About 4 months ago, clinic changed it to 2 mg before dinner for 3 weeks, then 1 week off, saying that sometimes it works better by doing that. I really don't see that it's working. She's been on it for about a year now, and has not put on much weight in the last year.

Good luck with it.

RebekahsMom

<br />
<br />She had told me that she didn't want to take it anymore because it wasn't working. About 4 months ago, clinic changed it to 2 mg before dinner for 3 weeks, then 1 week off, saying that sometimes it works better by doing that. I really don't see that it's working. She's been on it for about a year now, and has not put on much weight in the last year.
<br />
<br />Good luck with it.

dlo2977

I am worried about it making her tired so I think we will just give it once a day before dinner for a while. I figure if I could get her appetite up at at least 1 meal I can get extra calories in her.

dlo2977

I am worried about it making her tired so I think we will just give it once a day before dinner for a while. I figure if I could get her appetite up at at least 1 meal I can get extra calories in her.

dlo2977

G

grantsmom

Grant has been taking periactin for almost a year. I couldn't be happier with the results. The first month he took it he gained 2 pounds. We do cycles with it- 3 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off. I usually try to hold off for two weeks because when he restarts it his appetite is Huge. Fortunately Grant has never had the side effect of being tired. He takes a fairly small dose- 3 1/2 ml twice daily. Hope your little one has good results- keep us posted

G

grantsmom

Grant has been taking periactin for almost a year. I couldn't be happier with the results. The first month he took it he gained 2 pounds. We do cycles with it- 3 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off. I usually try to hold off for two weeks because when he restarts it his appetite is Huge. Fortunately Grant has never had the side effect of being tired. He takes a fairly small dose- 3 1/2 ml twice daily. Hope your little one has good results- keep us posted

G

grantsmom

Stillgoing

Lauren has taken it and it wipes her out too, but only for the first day or two. I am not sure that it really helps her appetite, but it helps her attitude. I am guessing that a placebo would probably work just as well.
----------
Kathleen, mom to Lauren, age 9, DDF508, and her big brother - no CF

Stillgoing

Lauren has taken it and it wipes her out too, but only for the first day or two. I am not sure that it really helps her appetite, but it helps her attitude. I am guessing that a placebo would probably work just as well.
----------
Kathleen, mom to Lauren, age 9, DDF508, and her big brother - no CF