Anyone w/CF not want to have kids?

ERINSBIZ

It's all upon desire. No one could tell me not to have children. I had been healthy all my life so why wouldn't I continue that train. Well the Dr. did warn that it could take a toll on your health; it's like me telling a pregnant woman to sleep and enjoy free time before the bundle arrives. Because it arrives like a mac truck crashing into you. Well now I see the affects because I have lived it.

But every time I start feeling great I add more to my plate. "Oh, I can work part time and contribute to our finances" but then I start letting my health goals go by the wayside. So now I am reconsidering my wonderful part time job at my boys school to not work, so I can fit in exercise, breathing tx, meds, etc. just to maintain a healthy status. Because being a mom and housewife is more than a full time job. However, would never ever ever regret having my wonderfully, silly, wild, boys.

ERINSBIZ

It's all upon desire. No one could tell me not to have children. I had been healthy all my life so why wouldn't I continue that train. Well the Dr. did warn that it could take a toll on your health; it's like me telling a pregnant woman to sleep and enjoy free time before the bundle arrives. Because it arrives like a mac truck crashing into you. Well now I see the affects because I have lived it.

But every time I start feeling great I add more to my plate. "Oh, I can work part time and contribute to our finances" but then I start letting my health goals go by the wayside. So now I am reconsidering my wonderful part time job at my boys school to not work, so I can fit in exercise, breathing tx, meds, etc. just to maintain a healthy status. Because being a mom and housewife is more than a full time job. However, would never ever ever regret having my wonderfully, silly, wild, boys.

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

<br />
<br />But every time I start feeling great I add more to my plate. "Oh, I can work part time and contribute to our finances" but then I start letting my health goals go by the wayside. So now I am reconsidering my wonderful part time job at my boys school to not work, so I can fit in exercise, breathing tx, meds, etc. just to maintain a healthy status. Because being a mom and housewife is more than a full time job. However, would never ever ever regret having my wonderfully, silly, wild, boys.

jenhum

I have to say I have struggled quite a bit with this issue. All my life, all I've wanted to be is a mom. I love children, and that is truly all I've ever wanted for my life. So for me, I'm not sure if I would ever be 100% happy without a child. So I decided that it is worth it for me, and now I am 23 weeks pregnant.

I will say though, that I am so blessed to have circumstances that make it possible. I found my husband at an early age, he is wonderful and supportive and is fortunate to make enough money for me to stay home and not work. I know I couldn't be a mom and work too, it would be too much for me. I also have an extremely supportive set of parents, and my mom doesn't work so she is always able to come stay with me and help whenever I need her. If my circumstances were different, I may have had to make the tough choice not to have children. I have decided only to have one, for the sake of my health.

I won't lie though- I'm terrified of the sleepless nights that this baby will bring. I know it's going to be really hard on me. But I definitely don't think there is anything wrong with not having any children. That's a very personal decision and hopefully one that people put a lot of thought into.

jenhum

I have to say I have struggled quite a bit with this issue. All my life, all I've wanted to be is a mom. I love children, and that is truly all I've ever wanted for my life. So for me, I'm not sure if I would ever be 100% happy without a child. So I decided that it is worth it for me, and now I am 23 weeks pregnant.

I will say though, that I am so blessed to have circumstances that make it possible. I found my husband at an early age, he is wonderful and supportive and is fortunate to make enough money for me to stay home and not work. I know I couldn't be a mom and work too, it would be too much for me. I also have an extremely supportive set of parents, and my mom doesn't work so she is always able to come stay with me and help whenever I need her. If my circumstances were different, I may have had to make the tough choice not to have children. I have decided only to have one, for the sake of my health.

I won't lie though- I'm terrified of the sleepless nights that this baby will bring. I know it's going to be really hard on me. But I definitely don't think there is anything wrong with not having any children. That's a very personal decision and hopefully one that people put a lot of thought into.

jenhum

jenhum

jenhum

<br />
<br />I will say though, that I am so blessed to have circumstances that make it possible. I found my husband at an early age, he is wonderful and supportive and is fortunate to make enough money for me to stay home and not work. I know I couldn't be a mom and work too, it would be too much for me. I also have an extremely supportive set of parents, and my mom doesn't work so she is always able to come stay with me and help whenever I need her. If my circumstances were different, I may have had to make the tough choice not to have children. I have decided only to have one, for the sake of my health.
<br />
<br />I won't lie though- I'm terrified of the sleepless nights that this baby will bring. I know it's going to be really hard on me. But I definitely don't think there is anything wrong with not having any children. That's a very personal decision and hopefully one that people put a lot of thought into.

thefrogprincess

Not me. I used to want kids so bad!! All I ever wanted was to get married and make babies. Well, then my marriage crashed and burned, my health took a dive, and I smashed my face into the reality that my poor body could NOT handle a kid. I barely have the energy to take care of myself some days so there is no way I could chase after a kid too. I am all for people having kids if they can handle it and want them, good for you! I'm just not one of them.

thefrogprincess

Not me. I used to want kids so bad!! All I ever wanted was to get married and make babies. Well, then my marriage crashed and burned, my health took a dive, and I smashed my face into the reality that my poor body could NOT handle a kid. I barely have the energy to take care of myself some days so there is no way I could chase after a kid too. I am all for people having kids if they can handle it and want them, good for you! I'm just not one of them.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

Solo

I would have to say "no" to the whole reproduction idea. Mostly due to the fact that there is no cure for this illness and probably won't be for a very long time. I would not wish CF on my worst enemy, let alone one of my offspring. Your children need to be shown love and affection, I could not look myself in the mirror knowing that I brought a child into this world with this horrible affliction.

But being is I cannot have children the traditional way, I would still opt out of adoption. The decision to care for a child is a colossal defining moment in your life; not a decision to be taken lightly. For 18 years of your life you are gonna be financially responsible for a whole other organism. What I personally believe the crux of this idea boils down to is how strong you feel about your relationship. I think to bring a child into the equation you must first think about the child. As soon as a kid enters the fray it is first and foremost an individual. A child that is in a negative environment is not fulfilling for them. For instance you might have a very mild case of CF, with great PFTS-now, but what about 5 or 6 years down the road. CF can creep up in a moments notice if you neglect your care and treatment regimes. My point is that it's a slippery slope; and one you might not want to venture on if you have an unremitting illness.

Solo

I would have to say "no" to the whole reproduction idea. Mostly due to the fact that there is no cure for this illness and probably won't be for a very long time. I would not wish CF on my worst enemy, let alone one of my offspring. Your children need to be shown love and affection, I could not look myself in the mirror knowing that I brought a child into this world with this horrible affliction.

But being is I cannot have children the traditional way, I would still opt out of adoption. The decision to care for a child is a colossal defining moment in your life; not a decision to be taken lightly. For 18 years of your life you are gonna be financially responsible for a whole other organism. What I personally believe the crux of this idea boils down to is how strong you feel about your relationship. I think to bring a child into the equation you must first think about the child. As soon as a kid enters the fray it is first and foremost an individual. A child that is in a negative environment is not fulfilling for them. For instance you might have a very mild case of CF, with great PFTS-now, but what about 5 or 6 years down the road. CF can creep up in a moments notice if you neglect your care and treatment regimes. My point is that it's a slippery slope; and one you might not want to venture on if you have an unremitting illness.

Solo

Solo

Solo

<br />
<br />But being is I cannot have children the traditional way, I would still opt out of adoption. The decision to care for a child is a colossal defining moment in your life; not a decision to be taken lightly. For 18 years of your life you are gonna be financially responsible for a whole other organism. What I personally believe the crux of this idea boils down to is how strong you feel about your relationship. I think to bring a child into the equation you must first think about the child. As soon as a kid enters the fray it is first and foremost an individual. A child that is in a negative environment is not fulfilling for them. For instance you might have a very mild case of CF, with great PFTS-now, but what about 5 or 6 years down the road. CF can creep up in a moments notice if you neglect your care and treatment regimes. My point is that it's a slippery slope; and one you might not want to venture on if you have an unremitting illness.
<br />