Anyone's child have a high Lead test?

MargaritaChic

Emma had her blood lead level tested at her 9 month wellness check. It came back high. 7.8 it is still within the normal range but on the high side. Anything under 10 is in the normal range.

I brought her in on Friday to have blood drawn from a vein. Last time she had a findger prick done. They wanted to recheck it to make sure the test was accurate.

Anyone else experience this? What happens next?

MargaritaChic

Emma had her blood lead level tested at her 9 month wellness check. It came back high. 7.8 it is still within the normal range but on the high side. Anything under 10 is in the normal range.

I brought her in on Friday to have blood drawn from a vein. Last time she had a findger prick done. They wanted to recheck it to make sure the test was accurate.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I brought her in on Friday to have blood drawn from a vein. Last time she had a findger prick done. They wanted to recheck it to make sure the test was accurate.
<br />
<br />Anyone else experience this? What happens next?

MicheleGazelle

I haven't had any blood tests (or hair tests) for metals for me or my kids. However, I do belong to a list where most folks are treating their kids for metal poisoning and I have worked on that issue in my family. If you are interested, some of the resources I am familiar with are listed on my <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.healthgazelle.org/metalpoisoning.shtml">Metal Poisoning</a> page. Most doctors don't know how to effectively treat metal poisoning. Getting some of the excess metals out of my system has significantly helped my health problems. I did chelate for about 16 months. My problems aren't solved yet because I still have a lot of metal dental work.

(FYI: You aren't supposed to chelate at all with metal in your mouth. It's quite dangerous. The way I ended up getting some of the metals out of my system was sort of a fluke. It is best to have any amalgams removed before treating anyone for metal poisoning.)

MicheleGazelle

I haven't had any blood tests (or hair tests) for metals for me or my kids. However, I do belong to a list where most folks are treating their kids for metal poisoning and I have worked on that issue in my family. If you are interested, some of the resources I am familiar with are listed on my <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.healthgazelle.org/metalpoisoning.shtml">Metal Poisoning</a> page. Most doctors don't know how to effectively treat metal poisoning. Getting some of the excess metals out of my system has significantly helped my health problems. I did chelate for about 16 months. My problems aren't solved yet because I still have a lot of metal dental work.

(FYI: You aren't supposed to chelate at all with metal in your mouth. It's quite dangerous. The way I ended up getting some of the metals out of my system was sort of a fluke. It is best to have any amalgams removed before treating anyone for metal poisoning.)

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />(FYI: You aren't supposed to chelate at all with metal in your mouth. It's quite dangerous. The way I ended up getting some of the metals out of my system was sort of a fluke. It is best to have any amalgams removed before treating anyone for metal poisoning.)