Appartments & smokers....

Hardak

Has anybody else had issues with living in appartment buildings and nabors who smoke? If so did you have any luck with recorse or working with the rental office to decrease the problem..
Currently I live in an appartment building all extiror doors/walk ways. And I've got a nabor below me and beside me that while this tennent hasn't done it yet, the last guy mannaged to cause me to seaze so badly that I had an ambulence out to get me.
I know some states have laws on the books that it basicly falls under the nusence adendum. Sadly doesn't look like it for WA state, at least not that I've found.
I know I tend to react rather serverly to passing smoke inhelation. It doesn't take much and I'm on the ground for 10-20 min coughing my lungs out and then have increased flem production for the next hour or two.

Hardak

Has anybody else had issues with living in appartment buildings and nabors who smoke? If so did you have any luck with recorse or working with the rental office to decrease the problem..
Currently I live in an appartment building all extiror doors/walk ways. And I've got a nabor below me and beside me that while this tennent hasn't done it yet, the last guy mannaged to cause me to seaze so badly that I had an ambulence out to get me.
I know some states have laws on the books that it basicly falls under the nusence adendum. Sadly doesn't look like it for WA state, at least not that I've found.
I know I tend to react rather serverly to passing smoke inhelation. It doesn't take much and I'm on the ground for 10-20 min coughing my lungs out and then have increased flem production for the next hour or two.

JustDucky

Is there any way you can leave and find a place that is smoke free? I know, easier said than done, it is very expensive to move but it may be your only recourse. I wish I could be more help, but it sounds like you need to get out of that situation before something happens to you again. I am fortunate because I have a landlord who is mindful of my condition and won't rent to any smokers for fear of smoke travelling up to my second floor apartment. I wish more people were like him, life would so much easier for people like us!

I hope something positive happens for you.....keeping you in my thoughts

Jenn 40 wCF

JustDucky

Is there any way you can leave and find a place that is smoke free? I know, easier said than done, it is very expensive to move but it may be your only recourse. I wish I could be more help, but it sounds like you need to get out of that situation before something happens to you again. I am fortunate because I have a landlord who is mindful of my condition and won't rent to any smokers for fear of smoke travelling up to my second floor apartment. I wish more people were like him, life would so much easier for people like us!

I hope something positive happens for you.....keeping you in my thoughts

Jenn 40 wCF

musclemania70

i lived in an apt building once where the people above me smoked. the smoke carried right through the air conditioning/heat ventilation system and into our apt. it was horrible. does that particular apt complex have a building that is smoke free on the premises? you may want to move because its going to keep bothering you if you stay there. sorry for the troubles!

musclemania70

i lived in an apt building once where the people above me smoked. the smoke carried right through the air conditioning/heat ventilation system and into our apt. it was horrible. does that particular apt complex have a building that is smoke free on the premises? you may want to move because its going to keep bothering you if you stay there. sorry for the troubles!

Hardak

Sadly there isn't a building here that's smoke free, and moving while something I would be ok with, isn't an option, financially stuck here till my housing assistance comes and I can get a bit of money saved.

Hardak

Sadly there isn't a building here that's smoke free, and moving while something I would be ok with, isn't an option, financially stuck here till my housing assistance comes and I can get a bit of money saved.