Are drugs approved by FDA always safe?

amber

Hi,
I recently came across this article, http://thelawfirm.com/fda-approved-drugs.html, which says that FDA stamp of approval is not the ultimate criterion for safety. Some drugs have been classified by FDA as not safe. They just analyze the data given to them by the drug company, it may be manipulated.

Let’s just give a thought on the different medicines that we take for various illnesses. We always rely on doctors and the medicines prescribed by them. But, have we all ever thought if these medicines are safe to use? There is a myth that the drugs approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are safe to use. But, is this really true? Are they really safe for human consumption?

So, how do trust the medicines that we take? What do you all think about this?? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm skeptical about the article... Sure there are medications that won't work for everyone, there are side effects. I think of Orkambi and DS' benefits while others have issues.... Looking at the amount of time it takes for a medication to get approved, the trials, studies --- all happening before human trials, measures taken for confidentiality for those in said trials... There numerous drugs being worked for CFF alone if you look at the pipeline and of the ones approved, how many make it to market... Any medication, even an OTC pain reliever such as Tylenol, aspirin or ibuprofen can have detrimental effects to certain individuals --- all medications have warning labels on them for whatever reason and I think for the most part when used properly are perfectly safe IMO