Are you pregnant?

serendipity730

Hi there,

I have DDF508 and will be undergoing my first IUI (intrauterine insemination) cycle this month. My husband and I tried for about 9 months to no avail. I believe that my cervical mucus is making it very difficult for me to get pregnant, so IUI bypasses the cervical mucus. I hope I'll have some good news to post here someday soon!

ep1713

I am DDF508 and had a baby over a year ago. It took 6 IUIs and lots of tears, but I would do it all again in a heartbeat for the end result...

I just wanted to say good luck Mary!!! I hope you get your positive very soon!

serendipity730

Thanks, Erin! Igh, six times! That must have been heartbreaking. Did you just do IUI w/Clomid for each try or use a different drug? You can feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to discuss it hre.

ep1713

Hi Mary,

Here's my list...Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions or post on here! The first IUI was a natural cycle without drugs. The second was with Clomid. The third was with Femara. The fourth was with Femara with 2 injections. The fifth and sixth were all injectibles. I ovulated every cycle (typically 2-3 eggs each time once on drugs). My RE upped my doses and drug strengths very slowly because he knew I really didn't want multiples.

I also did quite a bit of accupuncture. I'm not sure if it helped my fertililty exactly, but it did help me not be completely stressed out/upset about it all the time. By the 6th cycle I'd almost come to terms with myself that maybe I just wasn't supposed to have a baby and actually felt ok about it...which made that positive so much more exciting to me :)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Erin

Wkcc2012

Hi I am pregnant and my boyfriend and I are both carriers with the same mutation Rh117h 7T/7T. I was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and how it affected there baby?

rubyroselee

Hi there,

I am DDF508 and carried a baby over 3 years ago. I did natural-cycle IUI and did not use any drugs. I was able to get pregnant on IUI #2. Pregnancy and delivery were great. Good luck!

PedsNP2007

Hi,
I have DDF508 -- I had 6 IUIs and 1 successful IVF (single embryo transfer) for my daughter... Good luck! It was a hard pregnancy but delivery went great.

ambermarie03

PedsNP2007 - How was your lung function pre and post baby? I talked to my doctors at my last appointment about wanting to conceive and they did not seem to want to elaborate on the subject because I am not married.

Asexyblond23

I am DDF508 and my son just turned 2. We did three IUI treatments. First two were natural and the thrid one was on 50mg of clomid. I had no problem prducing good eggs, the clomid just gave me and extra boost, and a third egg that round. We got pregnant on the third IUI. Pregnancy went good, I had bad morning sickness, got sick at least 2 times everyday from 7 weeks until the day he was born. I was on antibodics a couple of times. I did cough up blodd once during pregnacy but went on IV's and it was all good. Great delivery, I actually coughed him out :)

rubyroselee

I delivered naturally and it went picture-perfect! I went into the hospital on a Sunday evening expecting to be induced (for a pregnancy-related rash I had) the next morning. However, I started cramping a little in the middle of the night and my nurse did not think it was actual contractions. My water then broke at about 5am and that's when the races began! I progressed to fully dialated by 8am, which is when they threw in a last-minute epidural before I pushed. I pushed for less than 30 minutes and my son was born at 8:30am. So overall, I only had a few hours of contractions and a short pushing period before delivery. I was so happy that I delivered vaginally because I did not want the pain and recovery of a c-section. However, I had a 4th degree tear, so the pain was pretty bad anyways and I ended up not being able to cough for a couple days, which was not good. But overall, a great experience!

kmhbeauty

For the women who had a baby, any early pregnancy signs. I too have DDf508, 26 years old, been trying for a very long time, and I am healthy. I have not missed my period but a couple days ago my breast started to feel like there was a painful lump by the armpit. A couple days later the other breast was hurting like a pinching feeling. After intercourse last night I had extreme cramping for about 20 mins. Just wondering if any of you all had this happen to you. I am figuring in I will get my period in a week because that is what always happens but I guess you never know.

mamaScarlett

<div class="FTQUOTE">Originally posted by: ambermarie03 For those of you who have had your baby, how was the delivery? Did you have a C-Section or deliver naturally?

i'm assuming this question isn't mutation specific-I have one DF508. The other is a rarer missense (see signature if interested).
My deliveries were wonderful. I was fortunate enough to doula assist at 4 births prior to my own, for my sister in law. I am not a cert doula, but have taken many classes and its a passion of mine. This was really helpful for me, to teach me to not be afraid of childbirth.
I really wanted a drug free birth and was fortunate to be able to do this both times. Since so much of my life is medicalized, it was really important for me, for my birth to be mine, provided the baby was always in safety, obviously. I didn't want IVs, drips, spinal epidurals, tons of doctors and nurses in and out...I just wanted my OB, my doula and the nurses needed, and my body to do the rest. I took alot of classes, and did alot of preperation to try to reach this goal.
My first birth, I labored at home from 10 pm till 7 am. Was at the hospital by 9 am and had my daughter at 6:30 pm. Pushing was hard for me, bc she was a posterior baby (she was face up instead of face down). It wasn't any more painful or anything bc of that, its just harder to put push out a posterior head. I pushed for 2 hrs. But thankfully I had a very experienced OB that had faith in her abilities and in me.
With my 2nd birth, I labored at home from 5 pm till 3 am-went in, labor stopped. I got sent home. It picked up again at 7 am, I labored at home till 9 pm and had the baby at 12 midnight. That was an exhausting birth bc I was up for over 2 days. But the 3 hrs in the hospital were fast and I only pushed for 7 minutes. Wonderful. I delivered my little boy while I was kneeling up on the head of the bed, bc it felt right and I had an awesome midwife...thats how to get a baby out in 7 minutes!
For my first birth I was picture perfect healthy the whole preg and whole delivery. My 2nd was more of a challenge. I caught a horrible virus the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. I still went 3 days overdue and baby was in great shape. But I was so beat by that virus respiratory wise. I rested in bed alot to prepare for childbirth. In the end, all went great!
Any more detailed questions, please feel free to pm anytime.

kmhbeauty-Not to trick anything, but that is exactly how I feel when I'm very early pregnant. Supposedly its an implantation sensation. Try not to think about it. If it is...wow. If its not, you have a new month to prepare your body and get ready!

J

JPintheHouse

I'm 28 with CF (ddf508) and my husband and I just started a few months ago trying for our first little one. I am faithfully praying that we will be able to conceive naturally and several people have have shared in other posts that they were able to do so. We are currently using the ovulation sticks in order to hopefully improve the possibility of a successful pregnancy. My gyn told me today that Astro glide is supposed to be "swimmer" friendly. : ) Try not to obsess over it though because it doesn't help (easier said than done I know!). Best of luck.