Aspergillus post TX

Liza

Hi, I noticed that Marjolein posted on another topic that she cultured Aspergillus post TX. Has anyone else?

You guessed it, Anna did last month! Have no idea how, with all the dang precautions you take. She was clean in early Jan. just before returning to school. Then she started a little cough and was persistant with ther docs that she felt something was not right. Sure enough by the end of the month her culture came back positive for Asp. They changed her from Sporonox to Voraconizole. They just started her, mid-week last week, on Amphoteracin B, inhaled, and she is supposed to be finished with both by the 20th of March. I am hopefull that this will clear it all up like it did for you Marjolein. They didn't seem extremely concerned and seemed positive that this would clear it up because of good results in the past and it was caught quick. But still how in the world could she have gotten it in the cold of a Nebraska winter?

They told her that the new anti-fungal would make her Prograff go up and sure enough it did. But her glucose also went up. When the stopped her Prograff for three doses her glucose also got more under control. Anna usually doesn't have to use fast acting, just the Levimer. Anyway, now her glucose is running up again. She's due for another Prograff Level because it's been about 4 days now that she re-started.

We head back to Stanford at the end of the month for another 3 mo. check-up.

Anyone's experiences would certainly be appreciated. Thanks all.

Liza

Hi, I noticed that Marjolein posted on another topic that she cultured Aspergillus post TX. Has anyone else?

You guessed it, Anna did last month! Have no idea how, with all the dang precautions you take. She was clean in early Jan. just before returning to school. Then she started a little cough and was persistant with ther docs that she felt something was not right. Sure enough by the end of the month her culture came back positive for Asp. They changed her from Sporonox to Voraconizole. They just started her, mid-week last week, on Amphoteracin B, inhaled, and she is supposed to be finished with both by the 20th of March. I am hopefull that this will clear it all up like it did for you Marjolein. They didn't seem extremely concerned and seemed positive that this would clear it up because of good results in the past and it was caught quick. But still how in the world could she have gotten it in the cold of a Nebraska winter?

They told her that the new anti-fungal would make her Prograff go up and sure enough it did. But her glucose also went up. When the stopped her Prograff for three doses her glucose also got more under control. Anna usually doesn't have to use fast acting, just the Levimer. Anyway, now her glucose is running up again. She's due for another Prograff Level because it's been about 4 days now that she re-started.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />You guessed it, Anna did last month! Have no idea how, with all the dang precautions you take. She was clean in early Jan. just before returning to school. Then she started a little cough and was persistant with ther docs that she felt something was not right. Sure enough by the end of the month her culture came back positive for Asp. They changed her from Sporonox to Voraconizole. They just started her, mid-week last week, on Amphoteracin B, inhaled, and she is supposed to be finished with both by the 20th of March. I am hopefull that this will clear it all up like it did for you Marjolein. They didn't seem extremely concerned and seemed positive that this would clear it up because of good results in the past and it was caught quick. But still how in the world could she have gotten it in the cold of a Nebraska winter?
<br />
<br />They told her that the new anti-fungal would make her Prograff go up and sure enough it did. But her glucose also went up. When the stopped her Prograff for three doses her glucose also got more under control. Anna usually doesn't have to use fast acting, just the Levimer. Anyway, now her glucose is running up again. She's due for another Prograff Level because it's been about 4 days now that she re-started.
<br />
<br />We head back to Stanford at the end of the month for another 3 mo. check-up.
<br />
<br />Anyone's experiences would certainly be appreciated. Thanks all.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Breezy

I wish I could help you Liza. I myself have Aspergillus right now and am waiting to find out how to treat it!

Breezy

I wish I could help you Liza. I myself have Aspergillus right now and am waiting to find out how to treat it!

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

C

christyisnutz

I tested positive for Aspergillus in my sinuses post-tx. I have been on Voraconazole for 3 years now. I have a good friend who tested positive for Aspergillus in her lungs post-tx, but it went away after treatment. Because of the V-fend, I am only on 0.5 mg of prograf twice a day, so yeah, it definitely makes the levels higher. I hope Anna's infection clears up soon.

C

christyisnutz

I tested positive for Aspergillus in my sinuses post-tx. I have been on Voraconazole for 3 years now. I have a good friend who tested positive for Aspergillus in her lungs post-tx, but it went away after treatment. Because of the V-fend, I am only on 0.5 mg of prograf twice a day, so yeah, it definitely makes the levels higher. I hope Anna's infection clears up soon.

C

christyisnutz

C

christyisnutz

C

christyisnutz

F

fr3ak

I had aspergillus pre tx, but never cultured it post tx...

Treatment back then was fusidic acid ... and rifampicin (the rifampicin turns your pee bright orange LOL)

and pre tx I did get rid of the aspergillus with combo...

Also inhaled amphotericin is used straight after tx for preventing fungal infections...

Good luck in getting rid of it...

I have lung mushrooms growing of a different kind LOL

I'm currently back on the V-fend, but am highly allergic to it... but hopefully it will do the trick

F

fr3ak

Treatment back then was fusidic acid ... and rifampicin (the rifampicin turns your pee bright orange LOL)

Also inhaled amphotericin is used straight after tx for preventing fungal infections...

I'm currently back on the V-fend, but am highly allergic to it... but hopefully it will do the trick

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

<br />
<br />Treatment back then was fusidic acid ... and rifampicin (the rifampicin turns your pee bright orange LOL)
<br />
<br />and pre tx I did get rid of the aspergillus with combo...
<br />
<br />Also inhaled amphotericin is used straight after tx for preventing fungal infections...
<br />
<br />Good luck in getting rid of it...
<br />
<br />I have lung mushrooms growing of a different kind LOL
<br />
<br />I'm currently back on the V-fend, but am highly allergic to it... but hopefully it will do the trick
<br />
<br />