at the end of my rope

Buckeye

Sarah, is Lili's little sister in the midst of potty training right now? I know my 5 year old niece started having major "accidents" when her little sister was learning to potty train. The Ped thought it was because of all the attention and praise her little sister was getting for doing well in potty training and maybe she was trying to get a piece of the attention too. Good news is that it ended up being a short lived phase. Just a thought.

Buckeye

Sarah, is Lili's little sister in the midst of potty training right now? I know my 5 year old niece started having major "accidents" when her little sister was learning to potty train. The Ped thought it was because of all the attention and praise her little sister was getting for doing well in potty training and maybe she was trying to get a piece of the attention too. Good news is that it ended up being a short lived phase. Just a thought.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

robert321

this is completely off topic but the way my parents potty trained all of us is they told us that we couldn't turn 2 until we could use the potty, and that 2 year olds didn't wet the bed, my brothers 2nd birthday party was delayed by about 3 weeks because of it but it worked, i dunno maybe it was we couldn't turn 3 i just remember them doing it to my little brother and my parents told me that i couldn't tell him

robert321

this is completely off topic but the way my parents potty trained all of us is they told us that we couldn't turn 2 until we could use the potty, and that 2 year olds didn't wet the bed, my brothers 2nd birthday party was delayed by about 3 weeks because of it but it worked, i dunno maybe it was we couldn't turn 3 i just remember them doing it to my little brother and my parents told me that i couldn't tell him

robert321

robert321

robert321

lilismom

thanks for all your advice. I'm glad I don't have the only 4.5 year old with issues! Her sister potty trained herself almost a year ago so that's not it. It could just be behavioral, I'm hoping for that. I made an appt with her ped. tomorrow morning to check for a bladder infection. She's had several but not since last oct so I thought we were over that phase.

I'll let you know the outcome.

lilismom

thanks for all your advice. I'm glad I don't have the only 4.5 year old with issues! Her sister potty trained herself almost a year ago so that's not it. It could just be behavioral, I'm hoping for that. I made an appt with her ped. tomorrow morning to check for a bladder infection. She's had several but not since last oct so I thought we were over that phase.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

PACmommy

Our daughter went through the same thing last year, she was completely potty trained, then after being diagnosed, she started peeing her pants all the time. I licked the problem by sticking her bum in a cold shower everytime, and after a couple of days, she got the hint.
Sometimes accidents can start during a time of emotional strain and it's the childs way of gaining some sort of control. I also have noticed recently if my daughter is in the middle of a fun activity or wants to go somewhere right away, she'll try to hold and say she doesn't have to go in order to not be distracted. You just gotta read her signs really close.
Hope this helps

PACmommy

Our daughter went through the same thing last year, she was completely potty trained, then after being diagnosed, she started peeing her pants all the time. I licked the problem by sticking her bum in a cold shower everytime, and after a couple of days, she got the hint.
Sometimes accidents can start during a time of emotional strain and it's the childs way of gaining some sort of control. I also have noticed recently if my daughter is in the middle of a fun activity or wants to go somewhere right away, she'll try to hold and say she doesn't have to go in order to not be distracted. You just gotta read her signs really close.
Hope this helps

PACmommy

Hope this helps

PACmommy

Hope this helps

PACmommy

Hope this helps