Avoid hotels unless you want to run the risk of catching MRSA found in all hotels.

nmw0615

This isn't really all that surprising to me. I've never thought hotels were very clean. I'm going to continue to stay at hotels, but I'll also continue to do my own cleaning once I check in. I bring cleaning wipes and clean everything I can with them. It's the best I can do and so far it's worked.

i think this is being a little over the top to say to avoid hotels when in actuality places we go to everyday are JUST as bad. honestly grocery stores, gym, any public bathroom, hospitals, shopping malls and everything we normally do. we cannot just avoid life its hard to do that and we run a risk of infection everywhere we go even to certain cities and being in places where people smoke and cough and touch things. we just be as clean as we possibly can be.

azdesertrat

Sometimes I have to stay in a hotel/motel & I don't really worry about it. I use alcohol wipes in strategic places, TV remote, phone, should I have to use it- bathroom sink etc. I do the best I can to avoid public restrooms altogether. I use hand sanitizer whenever I have to touch ANYTHING public, especially money. I heard somewhere that handling currency is the easiest way to get sick. I use alcohol wipes/hand sanitizer every single time I have to handle money in any form. I must be doing something right. The only infections I've had are C-Diff & blood infections caused by my colon not working correctly.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I've always brought along sani-wipes and wiped down the remote, door knobs, surfaces (counters, night stands, desks), sinks, tubs.... Also hand sanitizer. Because our doctor is in the City 250 miles away, we end up staying in hotels a few times a year. Frankly, hospitals and clinics make me MORE nervous.

Dowling

Well that depends on where you stay . I worked for a 5 star 5 diamond hotel for 8 years. Super clean and disinfected. You get wat u pay for

pipersmom

It's estimated that now around 40% of the general population cultures MRSA, hand hygiene in general goes a long way.

nmw0615

I carry hand sanitizer around in my purse to use when I can't get to a sink and soap. I am religious about washing my hands in order to prevent the spread. Of course, I just cultured MRSA for the first time, but I won't be changing any of my practices once I go home.