Awareness letter and other info COMPLETE

julie

Hello everyone,

First, thank you to everyone on this site who has made suggestions, posted ideas for letters, and assisted in the creation of this "awareness packet" (I guess you could call it). I claim no ownership to this letter, I just simply threw it together from others input. So, if you would like to use it exactly as it is-please do so. I also realize many may want to delet portions that don't apply to them, or add a little personal touch. Please do this as well. My only "hope" when the letter is sent out is that it includes the CONTACT list so we make it easy for the TV show to get ahold of someone if they want to do an interview.

I have (finally) finished the letter that I hope can be used as a starting point for everyone to send letters out to Television, newspapers and magazines. I toyed and played with posting the letter and contact information on this site, but when copied directly from WORD the puncuation turns into question marks and other various symbols that aren't applicable. It took me about 40 minutes to fix and edit it in word.... so, I decided that it would be best if I sent the following items------------------------
-the LETTER (I have created a variation that would come from someone with CF, and a variaion that a family member/friend could use)
-the CONTACT information of anyone who wishes to be conatcted for an interview
-the ADDRESSES of television shows and magazines (please please feel free to share any other contact information you might have, and to send a letter to your local newspapers-and/or share on this board)
-a lLINK to the most recent article in <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9193315/site/newsweek/">Newsweek</a>(I will be sending this article with my letters just to give them a bit of incentive that others are doing stories on CF)--------------------------------
to everyone's EMAIL ADDRESS off of the CONTACT information sheet. Anyone who emailed their name, email address (and any other info to me) or posted it on the site, will automatically recieve this information before Sunday evening.

If there is anyone who did not want to post their contact information, but is still interested in sending off a letter so we can get some media coverage on Cystic Fibrosis-PLEASE email me at <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="mailto:division902@hotmail.com">division902@hotmail.com</a> and I will forward all the above information to you. It is my hope to get at least 20-40 people from this site to send off letters. The more letters that they recieve from CFers and friends/family of CFers-the more it might push them to actually do a story. Please do pass the information onto your friends and family to send as well, if you wish to do so!

Additionally, some of the ADDRESSES of television shows/magazines.... have contact information via a form on their website. Please keep in mind that most of them have a limit of 2000 characters. I tried to get a physical mailing or email address (so attachments could be sent) but I have had no luck.

If anyone has an questions, concerns or anything else-please feel free to post them here or email me at division902@hotmail.com

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!