baby is having odd symptoms

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't have percussor cups you can use your two fingers -- pointer and middle -- upper chest above the nipples, armpits, upper back. Avoid the spine and make sure you're doing CPT where there's bone -- don't go below the rib cage.

And if she continues to be congested, have difficulty. Demand an RSV test. DS never had RSV, but was tested for it. It's my understanding it involves a LOT of mucus, very fast breathing, wheezing, coughing....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't have percussor cups you can use your two fingers -- pointer and middle -- upper chest above the nipples, armpits, upper back. Avoid the spine and make sure you're doing CPT where there's bone -- don't go below the rib cage.

And if she continues to be congested, have difficulty. Demand an RSV test. DS never had RSV, but was tested for it. It's my understanding it involves a LOT of mucus, very fast breathing, wheezing, coughing....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Scarlett81

thanks all. she did good last night. every time she made a peep i shot up out of bed. its amazing how moms can wake from a deep sleep if their kid just breathes differently.
she sleeps in a cradle next to my side of the bed. so i pulled it right next to me and stayed close. we put in a wedge for her to sleep on-its actually designed to prevent acid reflux and flathead but i propped it up a little more for her cold.

mil said a few of her babies had croup and she found that keeping the air in the room cool helps.
we ran a humidifier and a vaporizer with a little vicks in it.

her cough is a good deal worse today. more mucusy sounding. and she is wheezing. as its a virus, they really can't give her anything for it.

i think it is croup, or some other virus-i will look more into rsv as a possibility. she has had the runny nose thing for ages and i think she could have allergies but this isn't allergies. she is sick. i am going to have allergy testing after this is all over and im getting it too. the runny nose/sneezy thing thats been going on for ages could also have been from teething. she's unusual in that she has been teething for a long time-started very young.

diana/dee- funny you mentioned teething-she is cutting a tooth now. she keeps running her lips over it and making this funny raspberry sound! she is drooling all over and chewing her knuckles like nuts. i had no idea babies got colds from teething. sil told me that last night. her babies always got fevers too. had no idea.

i will try the steam shower thing today. my mil next door also has an actual steam shower system she just put in. im tempted to caravan down there and use it for her. heck it'd probably be good for me too.

has anyone given a little water in a bottle to keep baby extra hydrated?

Scarlett81

thanks all. she did good last night. every time she made a peep i shot up out of bed. its amazing how moms can wake from a deep sleep if their kid just breathes differently.
she sleeps in a cradle next to my side of the bed. so i pulled it right next to me and stayed close. we put in a wedge for her to sleep on-its actually designed to prevent acid reflux and flathead but i propped it up a little more for her cold.

mil said a few of her babies had croup and she found that keeping the air in the room cool helps.

her cough is a good deal worse today. more mucusy sounding. and she is wheezing. as its a virus, they really can't give her anything for it.

i think it is croup, or some other virus-i will look more into rsv as a possibility. she has had the runny nose thing for ages and i think she could have allergies but this isn't allergies. she is sick. i am going to have allergy testing after this is all over and im getting it too. the runny nose/sneezy thing thats been going on for ages could also have been from teething. she's unusual in that she has been teething for a long time-started very young.

diana/dee- funny you mentioned teething-she is cutting a tooth now. she keeps running her lips over it and making this funny raspberry sound! she is drooling all over and chewing her knuckles like nuts. i had no idea babies got colds from teething. sil told me that last night. her babies always got fevers too. had no idea.

i will try the steam shower thing today. my mil next door also has an actual steam shower system she just put in. im tempted to caravan down there and use it for her. heck it'd probably be good for me too.

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a link from the CDC about RSV...

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/respiratory/rsvfeat.htm">http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd...espiratory/rsvfeat.htm</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/respiratory/rsvfeat.htm">http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd...espiratory/rsvfeat.htm</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JORDYSMOM

My babies always got cold/flu symptoms when teething. Especially Jordan, my CFer. My doctor advised me to keep him hydrated with a little bit of water. It seemed to help. I also elevated his bed like you are doing. It is very scary when they get choked on mucus. I hope she feels better soon.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

My babies always got cold/flu symptoms when teething. Especially Jordan, my CFer. My doctor advised me to keep him hydrated with a little bit of water. It seemed to help. I also elevated his bed like you are doing. It is very scary when they get choked on mucus. I hope she feels better soon.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey