Battling Anxiety and Depression

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for several years now and during this latest bout I decided to try something new- "depression art" I've attached my work.

I also wrote a blog about what it feels like living with depression- Another first for me. I was scared to tell people how I really feel on bad days, but I hope my readers find comfort knowing they are not alone in this battle.

EXCERPT FROM BLOG:

"All it takes is a beautiful fake smile to hide an injured soul and they will never notice how broken you really are."
-Robin Williams

You think you know me, but you don’t. I want you to know, but I don’t want to tell you.

The Mind

Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.

I have a hard time explaining what goes on inside my mind when I don’t even understand it myself. Your mind will always believe exactly what you tell it. There is a war going on inside my head and the enemy is itself. I’m tired of playing this game. I don’t want to play anymore.

Am I ok?

People ask me quite often how I’m doing or how I’m feeling. I smile, slightly nod, and say, “I’m okay” I say nothing when I really want to say everything.

To continue reading visit A Creative Newmie

Love and hugs,

Attachments

• Depression Art: A CREATIVE NEWMIE.jpg
    Depression Art: A CREATIVE NEWMIE.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Depression Art 2: A CREATIVE NEWMIE.jpg
    Depression Art 2: A CREATIVE NEWMIE.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 3

Imogene

Administrator
Amber: These are amazing pictures! I am sure the art is helping you in the battle. I can feel your feelings through your art! May angels lift you up and carry you on...We need help here and love your work!
Salt and Light,
Imogene