Bek is in with pneumonia

JORDYSMOM

I'm really sorry! I know it will be a long two weeks for you guys. I hope that Bek is feeling better very soon.

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I'm really sorry! I know it will be a long two weeks for you guys. I hope that Bek is feeling better very soon.

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Stacey

RebekahsMom

10/1/09 ~

Bek got woke up this morning at 6 to do her breathing treatments and vest. She was hungry, but since she was scheduled to get a picc line, she couldn't have anything to eat. We headed downstairs at 8, were told what was going to happen and about how long it would take. They were going to have to start an IV so they could sedate her. They had the numbing cream on the back of her hand and the nurse was just getting ready to rub it in when the phone rang. "Stop!" The procedure had been cancelled, and someone would be to our room shortly to explain.

At this point there is no pseudomonas!! We are still in the time frame that it could grow, but since that time window is getting near the end, the chance is getting less and less. Doc said there is a less than 1% chance it'll show up and her have to do IV antibiotics. Yay!! My baby isn't going to get stuck!! (I was in tears this morning when they were explaining the procedure to me!)

Anyway, she has cultured MRSA, yet again, and has been on Zyvox since we got here, so that is being taken care of. She also cultured hemophilus influenzae. They will be giving her yet another med to take care of that. I just wonder how she managed to pick that up since she had her Hib vaccine (hemophilus influenzae type B). I also asked how much longer and doc Black said I should be able to take her home early next week!

I will keep updating if anything new comes up.

RebekahsMom

10/1/09 ~

Bek got woke up this morning at 6 to do her breathing treatments and vest. She was hungry, but since she was scheduled to get a picc line, she couldn't have anything to eat. We headed downstairs at 8, were told what was going to happen and about how long it would take. They were going to have to start an IV so they could sedate her. They had the numbing cream on the back of her hand and the nurse was just getting ready to rub it in when the phone rang. "Stop!" The procedure had been cancelled, and someone would be to our room shortly to explain.

At this point there is no pseudomonas!! We are still in the time frame that it could grow, but since that time window is getting near the end, the chance is getting less and less. Doc said there is a less than 1% chance it'll show up and her have to do IV antibiotics. Yay!! My baby isn't going to get stuck!! (I was in tears this morning when they were explaining the procedure to me!)

Anyway, she has cultured MRSA, yet again, and has been on Zyvox since we got here, so that is being taken care of. She also cultured hemophilus influenzae. They will be giving her yet another med to take care of that. I just wonder how she managed to pick that up since she had her Hib vaccine (hemophilus influenzae type B). I also asked how much longer and doc Black said I should be able to take her home early next week!

RebekahsMom

10/1/09 ~

RebekahsMom

10/1/09 ~

RebekahsMom

10/1/09 ~
<br />
<br />Bek got woke up this morning at 6 to do her breathing treatments and vest. She was hungry, but since she was scheduled to get a picc line, she couldn't have anything to eat. We headed downstairs at 8, were told what was going to happen and about how long it would take. They were going to have to start an IV so they could sedate her. They had the numbing cream on the back of her hand and the nurse was just getting ready to rub it in when the phone rang. "Stop!" The procedure had been cancelled, and someone would be to our room shortly to explain.
<br />
<br />At this point there is no pseudomonas!! We are still in the time frame that it could grow, but since that time window is getting near the end, the chance is getting less and less. Doc said there is a less than 1% chance it'll show up and her have to do IV antibiotics. Yay!! My baby isn't going to get stuck!! (I was in tears this morning when they were explaining the procedure to me!)
<br />
<br />Anyway, she has cultured MRSA, yet again, and has been on Zyvox since we got here, so that is being taken care of. She also cultured hemophilus influenzae. They will be giving her yet another med to take care of that. I just wonder how she managed to pick that up since she had her Hib vaccine (hemophilus influenzae type B). I also asked how much longer and doc Black said I should be able to take her home early next week!
<br />
<br />I will keep updating if anything new comes up.