Benefits of Turmeric

jenspoon

I have been looking into the benefits of turmeric to people with CF and the testimonies of people that have used it with an improvement in their health.

It looks like there are still a few reservations about safety of dosage and possible long term side effects. I would still like to incorporate turmeric into my daughter w/cf's diet but perhaps through her food rather than capsules.

Does anyone have any recipes/ideas for adding turmeric into the diet?

On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.

jenspoon

I have been looking into the benefits of turmeric to people with CF and the testimonies of people that have used it with an improvement in their health.

It looks like there are still a few reservations about safety of dosage and possible long term side effects. I would still like to incorporate turmeric into my daughter w/cf's diet but perhaps through her food rather than capsules.

On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.

jenspoon

jenspoon

jenspoon

<br />
<br />It looks like there are still a few reservations about safety of dosage and possible long term side effects. I would still like to incorporate turmeric into my daughter w/cf's diet but perhaps through her food rather than capsules.
<br />
<br />Does anyone have any recipes/ideas for adding turmeric into the diet?
<br />
<br />On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jenspoon</b></i>

On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.</end quote></div>

i don't have an answer, but just to second you, I am interested too. My daughter is 2, so I don't feel comfortable giving her supplements (except for the probiotic) yet. Incoporating things into the diet sounds more appealing right now.

ymikhale

On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.</end quote></div>

i don't have an answer, but just to second you, I am interested too. My daughter is 2, so I don't feel comfortable giving her supplements (except for the probiotic) yet. Incoporating things into the diet sounds more appealing right now.

ymikhale

ymikhale

On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.</end quote>

ymikhale

<br />
<br />I have been looking into the benefits of turmeric to people with CF and the testimonies of people that have used it with an improvement in their health.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />It looks like there are still a few reservations about safety of dosage and possible long term side effects. I would still like to incorporate turmeric into my daughter w/cf's diet but perhaps through her food rather than capsules.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Does anyone have any recipes/ideas for adding turmeric into the diet?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />On a side note, I love this category and search it everytime I go onto the forum for new input. This year, I have made many changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle with my daughter and have seen some great results, so please everyone, keep posting.</end quote>
<br />
<br />i don't have an answer, but just to second you, I am interested too. My daughter is 2, so I don't feel comfortable giving her supplements (except for the probiotic) yet. Incoporating things into the diet sounds more appealing right now.

Melissa75

Administrator
Turmeric is used a lot in Indian food. My friend has a website with all sorts of recipes, including Indian (her ethic origin, although her culinary training was in the US and I think she specialized in Italian or French cuisine).

Anyway, a favorite EASY recipe of hers that I make a lot is Masoor Dal (Pink/Orange Lentils)

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sharingplate.com/masoor-dal-pink-lentils/
">http://www.sharingplate.com/masoor-dal-pink-lentils/
</a>
If you scan through her recipes you will see that they are chock full of anti-inflammatory spices.

Also, I have little kids and I have found that with exposure you can get kids to eat new foods...not all new foods and not all the time, but try over and over and make sure to put it in front of them when they haven't just snacked.

My friend says that turmeric is seen as medicinal and colorful, at least by her family. It is not considered to change the flavor of a dish very much, so I wouldn't hesitate to add it to things like eggs or tuna salad...etc.

Melissa75

Administrator
Turmeric is used a lot in Indian food. My friend has a website with all sorts of recipes, including Indian (her ethic origin, although her culinary training was in the US and I think she specialized in Italian or French cuisine).

Anyway, a favorite EASY recipe of hers that I make a lot is Masoor Dal (Pink/Orange Lentils)

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sharingplate.com/masoor-dal-pink-lentils/
</a>
If you scan through her recipes you will see that they are chock full of anti-inflammatory spices.

Also, I have little kids and I have found that with exposure you can get kids to eat new foods...not all new foods and not all the time, but try over and over and make sure to put it in front of them when they haven't just snacked.

My friend says that turmeric is seen as medicinal and colorful, at least by her family. It is not considered to change the flavor of a dish very much, so I wouldn't hesitate to add it to things like eggs or tuna salad...etc.

Melissa75

Administrator

</a>

Melissa75

Administrator

</a>

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />
<br />Anyway, a favorite EASY recipe of hers that I make a lot is Masoor Dal (Pink/Orange Lentils)
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sharingplate.com/masoor-dal-pink-lentils/
</a><br />
<br />If you scan through her recipes you will see that they are chock full of anti-inflammatory spices.
<br />
<br />Also, I have little kids and I have found that with exposure you can get kids to eat new foods...not all new foods and not all the time, but try over and over and make sure to put it in front of them when they haven't just snacked.
<br />
<br />My friend says that turmeric is seen as medicinal and colorful, at least by her family. It is not considered to change the flavor of a dish very much, so I wouldn't hesitate to add it to things like eggs or tuna salad...etc.