Best Places to Live for CF kids

kristanbz

Did anyone see last night's CBS 60 Minutes segment about surfing and CF kids? The article said that the kids were reporting to breathe easier after coming out of the salt water. I have been looking for a while for any studies which show under which environments CF patients do best.

Does anyone have any thoughts? According to last night's piece, being near the coastline would be a good thing.

Thanks!

kristanbz

Did anyone see last night's CBS 60 Minutes segment about surfing and CF kids? The article said that the kids were reporting to breathe easier after coming out of the salt water. I have been looking for a while for any studies which show under which environments CF patients do best.

Does anyone have any thoughts? According to last night's piece, being near the coastline would be a good thing.

Thanks!

kristanbz

<br />
<br />Does anyone have any thoughts? According to last night's piece, being near the coastline would be a good thing.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

amberlydutton

I would have to agree. I have two boy's with CF. The majority of my 13yr old son's life he grew up in Southern California and had less severe issue's. Once we moved to Oregon my son began to have regular hospitalizations etc. We plan to move back to Southern California and hopefully this will help. My son is on hyper tonic saline,pulmozyme,tobi . I just think the area is dusty and to much for him and my 6yr old.

amberlydutton

I would have to agree. I have two boy's with CF. The majority of my 13yr old son's life he grew up in Southern California and had less severe issue's. Once we moved to Oregon my son began to have regular hospitalizations etc. We plan to move back to Southern California and hopefully this will help. My son is on hyper tonic saline,pulmozyme,tobi . I just think the area is dusty and to much for him and my 6yr old.

amberlydutton

<br />