Bigger Vest

scrapper1264

DS is 64lbs and 53" and used to wear a size Med vest with his HillRom Vest. Back in Dec it was beginning to look too small so I called HillRom to find out if he was eligible for the next size up. The person I spoke with said his chest measurement of 24" was the max for a size M so he sent a size L. The large looks pretty big so I adjusted the straps the best to my knowledge. I am just wondering if it's too big? Does anyone have guidelines for how the vest should fit? When we had our annual visit with the PT last year she said if it starts riding up in the back and gaping open then it's time for a bigger size. The size M was definitely riding up in the back! DS has had a cough for awhile (that started before the bigger vest) so I'm wondering if it's too big.
Thanks!!!

scrapper1264

DS is 64lbs and 53" and used to wear a size Med vest with his HillRom Vest. Back in Dec it was beginning to look too small so I called HillRom to find out if he was eligible for the next size up. The person I spoke with said his chest measurement of 24" was the max for a size M so he sent a size L. The large looks pretty big so I adjusted the straps the best to my knowledge. I am just wondering if it's too big? Does anyone have guidelines for how the vest should fit? When we had our annual visit with the PT last year she said if it starts riding up in the back and gaping open then it's time for a bigger size. The size M was definitely riding up in the back! DS has had a cough for awhile (that started before the bigger vest) so I'm wondering if it's too big.
Thanks!!!

hmw

The front should meet and/or overlap a bit under the buckles. Adjust the shoulders so the armhole comes up to just a little below the armpit and the length should approach or reach the hip. Before it inflates you should be able to fit your fist underneath; after it inflates you should still be able to slide your (flat) hand between the vest and your child's body.

It WILL blow up bigger in back than in front, but this is ok. I hope this helps!

hmw

The front should meet and/or overlap a bit under the buckles. Adjust the shoulders so the armhole comes up to just a little below the armpit and the length should approach or reach the hip. Before it inflates you should be able to fit your fist underneath; after it inflates you should still be able to slide your (flat) hand between the vest and your child's body.

It WILL blow up bigger in back than in front, but this is ok. I hope this helps!