Bloating

Incomudrox

Probiotics.. a good one. I really like the Swanson brand one, and its usually buy one bottle get one free. For $15 it can't be beat.

Incomudrox

Probiotics.. a good one. I really like the Swanson brand one, and its usually buy one bottle get one free. For $15 it can't be beat.

jbrandyn

I do Flaygil for 2 weeks every couple of months and then probiotics all the time, it seems to work really well to keep the bacterial overgrowth at bay and it also helped with mal-absorption.

jbrandyn

I do Flaygil for 2 weeks every couple of months and then probiotics all the time, it seems to work really well to keep the bacterial overgrowth at bay and it also helped with mal-absorption.

Jana

The GI doctor I saw told me to take charcoal after each meal. It absorbs intestinal gas and has made a huge difference for me. I also bought that from Swanson.

Jana

The GI doctor I saw told me to take charcoal after each meal. It absorbs intestinal gas and has made a huge difference for me. I also bought that from Swanson.

M

MCGrad2006

Currently I have the same issue. It sucks...I look pregnant, especially at night after three meals and 392847239874 snacks. Currently I upped my prilosec to twice a day and added Lactulose (a rx stool softener). But I was in so much pain last night at just HALF the dose, it was awful...and it was actually harder to go to the bathroom. My problem was I was NOT having trouble going, my belly is just enormous. I may try adding probiotics since thats what most people have said here.

M

MCGrad2006

Currently I have the same issue. It sucks...I look pregnant, especially at night after three meals and 392847239874 snacks. Currently I upped my prilosec to twice a day and added Lactulose (a rx stool softener). But I was in so much pain last night at just HALF the dose, it was awful...and it was actually harder to go to the bathroom. My problem was I was NOT having trouble going, my belly is just enormous. I may try adding probiotics since thats what most people have said here.

Printer

I recently lost 3 inches in my gut. Mucus was, and still is, interacting with the stool and "gluing it to the walls of the colen. Two weeks of Mirilax in orange juice did the trick. Now a couple of times a week for maintainance.

There is also something, common with CF, called bacterial overgrowth. This too will cause stomach extention. Is your Gastro aware of "CF Problems"?

Bill

Printer

I recently lost 3 inches in my gut. Mucus was, and still is, interacting with the stool and "gluing it to the walls of the colen. Two weeks of Mirilax in orange juice did the trick. Now a couple of times a week for maintainance.

There is also something, common with CF, called bacterial overgrowth. This too will cause stomach extention. Is your Gastro aware of "CF Problems"?

Bill

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>guitarboy</b></i> I thought it was male-pattern middle age weight gain, but a gastroenterologist diagnosed it as gas induced bloating. My belly has become more and more distended over the last six months. There's no pain involved but it's embarrassing and shirts don't fit me as well. Any tips on how to treat and beat this? I took a course of Xifaxan without much success.</end quote>

Green smoothies work amazingly for this.
Details on my blog

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>guitarboy</b></i> I thought it was male-pattern middle age weight gain, but a gastroenterologist diagnosed it as gas induced bloating. My belly has become more and more distended over the last six months. There's no pain involved but it's embarrassing and shirts don't fit me as well. Any tips on how to treat and beat this? I took a course of Xifaxan without much success.</end quote>

Green smoothies work amazingly for this.
Details on my blog

krisgabes

I would ask the Gastro to do an ultrasound to make sure that it isn't fluid build up. I went on for months with distention that got worse and worse until it was so painful. Even if they do an ultrasound and they say it's not fluid I would ask to try a combination of water pills (I have been taking spirolactone and lasix). After the first week my belly rapidly got smaller. I've been taking it for a month now and my belly is totally gone and I dropped 10 pounds worth of water weight! I feel great! Definitely talk to your doctor about it.

krisgabes

I would ask the Gastro to do an ultrasound to make sure that it isn't fluid build up. I went on for months with distention that got worse and worse until it was so painful. Even if they do an ultrasound and they say it's not fluid I would ask to try a combination of water pills (I have been taking spirolactone and lasix). After the first week my belly rapidly got smaller. I've been taking it for a month now and my belly is totally gone and I dropped 10 pounds worth of water weight! I feel great! Definitely talk to your doctor about it.

S

Swallowtail66

I have battled this with constipation for YEARS. I recently had a barium study done and I have a tortuous colon - it twists. I see a surgeon tomorrow to discuss removing the twist. I have to eat small amount several times a day. The pain and distentionare terrible sometimes. I look 6 months pregnant sometimes. Amitiza and milk of magnesia help, but don't solve the problem. I suggest a barium study to make sure there is not a twist that isn't locked really tight, but is just snug enough to back the system up if you eat too much. I have lost 10 pounds in the last few months trying not to eat!

S

Swallowtail66

I have battled this with constipation for YEARS. I recently had a barium study done and I have a tortuous colon - it twists. I see a surgeon tomorrow to discuss removing the twist. I have to eat small amount several times a day. The pain and distentionare terrible sometimes. I look 6 months pregnant sometimes. Amitiza and milk of magnesia help, but don't solve the problem. I suggest a barium study to make sure there is not a twist that isn't locked really tight, but is just snug enough to back the system up if you eat too much. I have lost 10 pounds in the last few months trying not to eat!

suziesmom

My daughter is 22 and was diagnosed @ age 11. Ever since she was about 15 yrs old, she has been either asked or congratulated about "being pregnant". She is not now nor has she ever been pregnant! She is incredibly depressed about it and asked last night about having an operation on her stomach. Any input would be very helpful. Thank you.