Blockchain It's Working Ashish Gadnis

Imogene

Administrator
I went to the Blockchain Conference at the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston last Thursday, January 31.
It was an elite group of scientists and I had the opportunity to present our survey results for:
Discovery, Research, and Profit.

Your voices were HEARD!

I will continue to report on the progress made.

I had a positive response from Roche in Switzerland and George Washington University.

I will begin to give you links to the people involved.

Raja asked me to represent our patient community in Washington with the FDA and lawmakers on May 14th.

I will continue to report on all the good news!
Salt and Light,
Imogene

Raja Mazumder

Imogene

Administrator
I was interested to learn there is a Blockchain Caucus in the US government.
Are your Representatives involved?
https://www.congressionalblockchaincaucus.com/

Members:Congressman David Schweikert, Congressman Bill Foster, Congressman Tom Emmer, Congressman Darren Soto, Congressman John Delaney, Congressman Stephen Lynch, Congressman Denny Heck, Congressman Mark Meadows, Congressman Jeff Duncan, Congressman Jerry McNerney, Congressman John Larson,Congressman Greg Gianforte, Congressman Warren Davidson, Congressman Tedd Budd, Congressman John Curtis,Congressman Denny Heck, Congressman Eric Swalwell

Imogene

Administrator
I reached out to Representative Eric Swalwell of California:
Rep Swalwell! Very sorry to hear your daughter Cricket was in the hospital for arespiratory infection. We are a community with Cystic Fibrosis and we know how hard it is to breathe!

We are running a pilot for patients to be paid for their data...Blockchain! I know you are on the Blockchain Caucus...Thank you! Please reach back to us for more information. And to be of support!

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Imogene, and the broad CF community,

I am so excited, over what this means for the CF community, and for you and what you represent! For the CF community, we can generate "Un-FitBit" data, with all due respect for the athletes with CF. Add the medical data from our endless tests and images, treatments along with our genetics and we can provide a valuable dossier that science and medicine is praying for. I hate to keep comparing this to the story of how 23&Me sold, with permission to use the genetic and other information to advance science and medicine. IMHO, they should have been more direct about their plans to sell depersonalized genetic test data in the question about using the data to advance science and medicine. Even with my objections, I know this is what is required for the next leap in how medicine and medicines are going to help humanity.

I had the pleasure of working on the Human Genome Project. It's amazing how many people and institutes hammered out a small contribution to the HGP. After a great deal of combined discovery Craig Venter and his team came up with a novel plan. They cut human chromosomes into readable DNA strings with no concern for where the snippets belonged. Computer software read the masses of little strings and used the discovered overlaps, assembled the completed genome of a human. Actually there were seven if memory serves me. Most people don't realize how little that enormous project was worth. It's not as if we knew what all the A's, T's, G's, and C's meant.

The HGP was declared complete in 2003, with the goal of decoding the DNA, locating all the genes and their function. Not! We had the sequence of DNA, and some genes and and their functions representing a small fraction of them.

Fifteen years have passed and we know a great deal more about many if not most of our genes. In order to make real sense of how our genes get on with the functions of life, science needs rich deep genomic diaries, lot of them. Genetics has been advanced most from twin studies and island populations. Island populations don't have to be sequestered on a physical island. Religion and tribal cultures often keep to themselves, marrying within a tight population. CFers and other populations with genetic diseases, especially rare genetic diseases like CF afford an opportunity to understand much more than what a specific genetic error is like.

Most people have at least a passing interest in writing an autobiography. Reading the life stories of many people, often ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances enriches our understanding of humankind. When science can have the valuable genomic diaries on the order of a thousand people within a unique population, like Imogene has gathered from our community and the same from many groups following this model, the picture of how genetic medicine can contribute to the quality of life will come into focus.

Thank you so much Jeanne,

LL

Imogene

Administrator
Wow~ A compliment from LittleLab warms my soul! Thanks LittleLab. I am impressed with Ashish. He has a big goal...300 million people with identity by 2023!
He now has 200,000 people on his platforms. These could be refugees, homeless people in Austin, Texas, children cancer patients in Oklahoma, farmers in Zambia and the Congo. His casava growers in Zambia are sponsored by Anheuser Busch. They are making breweries. He is an award winner. Hopefully, we can get his attention as we move to identity and dignity for our community!