Blue Cross Insurance

A

Aspiemom

As Alyssa said, there are many forms of Blue Cross. We have BC/BS of TN and I know of people with the same that have great coverage and experience, but they have a different plan. Ours is lousy, but our company is rather small. A lot of drs. don't take our plan so that's been a pain.

I think most people like it, from what I've heard.

A

Aspiemom

As Alyssa said, there are many forms of Blue Cross. We have BC/BS of TN and I know of people with the same that have great coverage and experience, but they have a different plan. Ours is lousy, but our company is rather small. A lot of drs. don't take our plan so that's been a pain.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have a select choice policy with BCBS thru work. We have to chose a local provider and if we go out of network, we have to pay a higher percentage of costs, have a higher deductible unless we get a referral from our primary provider. We haven't been able to get a referral to our CF doctor in the City because our current provider has an accreditted CF clinic.

As far as prescriptions, we deal with a local pharmacy and we've had a couple prescriptions thru the CF Services Pharmacy. They don't cover vitamins under our policy, so ADEKs and Vitamin K (mephyton) is paid for by us.

We only had one issue with BCBS so far and that was when DS was a newborn and they wouldn't cover his synagis shots for RSV. A letter from our attorney took care of that issue and now the shots are covered for CFers.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have a select choice policy with BCBS thru work. We have to chose a local provider and if we go out of network, we have to pay a higher percentage of costs, have a higher deductible unless we get a referral from our primary provider. We haven't been able to get a referral to our CF doctor in the City because our current provider has an accreditted CF clinic.

As far as prescriptions, we deal with a local pharmacy and we've had a couple prescriptions thru the CF Services Pharmacy. They don't cover vitamins under our policy, so ADEKs and Vitamin K (mephyton) is paid for by us.

We only had one issue with BCBS so far and that was when DS was a newborn and they wouldn't cover his synagis shots for RSV. A letter from our attorney took care of that issue and now the shots are covered for CFers.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Quackie

I had BCBS when I was younger, from what I remember they were pretty good up until I switched to my step-dad policy through his work. I had them to begin with but it was a $15,000 deductible. But when I switched they attempted to deny me because I had a preexisting condition. Which didn't make a whole lot of sense because they were my previous provided. My mom fought with them about it and they finally took me. If you don't have insurance through your work, I'm sure price is a factor. I know that my mom still has them at the $15,000 or 10,000 deductible and she pays through the nose, and it keeps going up on here too. But I think it depends on where you live and work, but I know here in Maine that they want to do a 12% increase in premiums. Check some companies out; I now have Harvard Pilgrim though my work, I like them just fine. I've only had them about a year or so. But like any insurance company it costs you an arm and a leg....

Quackie

I had BCBS when I was younger, from what I remember they were pretty good up until I switched to my step-dad policy through his work. I had them to begin with but it was a $15,000 deductible. But when I switched they attempted to deny me because I had a preexisting condition. Which didn't make a whole lot of sense because they were my previous provided. My mom fought with them about it and they finally took me. If you don't have insurance through your work, I'm sure price is a factor. I know that my mom still has them at the $15,000 or 10,000 deductible and she pays through the nose, and it keeps going up on here too. But I think it depends on where you live and work, but I know here in Maine that they want to do a 12% increase in premiums. Check some companies out; I now have Harvard Pilgrim though my work, I like them just fine. I've only had them about a year or so. But like any insurance company it costs you an arm and a leg....

Quackie

Quackie

Quackie

barbc888

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have Health Net thru work, and was thinking of switching to BCBS during the open enrollment process coming up. But after doing my research and getting your responses, I think I'll keep my HealthNet -- it's cheaper in the long run.

Have a good day!

Barbara

barbc888

I have Health Net thru work, and was thinking of switching to BCBS during the open enrollment process coming up. But after doing my research and getting your responses, I think I'll keep my HealthNet -- it's cheaper in the long run.

Have a good day!

Barbara

barbc888

Have a good day!

Barbara

barbc888

Have a good day!

Barbara

barbc888

Have a good day!

Barbara