Blue Cross Insurance

barbc888

I'm thinking of switching my insurance to Blue Cross, and I've never dealt with them before. Can anyone tell me how their customer service is (this is an area that is VERY important to me).

Also, has anyone dealt with their mail order pharmacy, Precision Rx? How are they? I'd like to know how they rate as far as customer service, communication with dr. and patient, mistakes and acknowledging their mistakes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

barbc888

I'm thinking of switching my insurance to Blue Cross, and I've never dealt with them before. Can anyone tell me how their customer service is (this is an area that is VERY important to me).

Also, has anyone dealt with their mail order pharmacy, Precision Rx? How are they? I'd like to know how they rate as far as customer service, communication with dr. and patient, mistakes and acknowledging their mistakes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

barbc888

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

barbc888

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

barbc888

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

sue35

I have it and I love it. I have had no problems with them and they are easy to deal with over the phone. I mail in my prescriptions and so far have had no trouble with them. I have also had no problem with them not covering anything, and I have had home IVs and just got the vest. I highly reccommend them.

sue35

I have it and I love it. I have had no problems with them and they are easy to deal with over the phone. I mail in my prescriptions and so far have had no trouble with them. I have also had no problem with them not covering anything, and I have had home IVs and just got the vest. I highly reccommend them.

sue35

sue35

sue35

Alyssa

I have dealt with Blue Cross at my past place of employment (I was the one to verify benefits on the patients) I can tell you that there are multiple Blue Cross plans and it depends on what state your policy is based out of as to where you call for your customer service. Another deciding factor is how large the company is that you work for - larger companies get premium customer service for their employees - insurance companies will hire an entire workforce just to answer calls from specific employer's employees (for example wait time for the policy holder is guaranteed to be shorter if your company purchased a better customer service plan from Blue Cross) This is separate from your coverage, just a bit of side note information as to why some people are stuck on hold forever and others get a person right away.

I recall two specific places I called on a regular basis - Premera Blue Cross out of Seattle, WA had good customer service and BC/BS Blue Card out of New York was the worst because you could never get out of the computer system and to a live agent.

Alyssa

I have dealt with Blue Cross at my past place of employment (I was the one to verify benefits on the patients) I can tell you that there are multiple Blue Cross plans and it depends on what state your policy is based out of as to where you call for your customer service. Another deciding factor is how large the company is that you work for - larger companies get premium customer service for their employees - insurance companies will hire an entire workforce just to answer calls from specific employer's employees (for example wait time for the policy holder is guaranteed to be shorter if your company purchased a better customer service plan from Blue Cross) This is separate from your coverage, just a bit of side note information as to why some people are stuck on hold forever and others get a person right away.

I recall two specific places I called on a regular basis - Premera Blue Cross out of Seattle, WA had good customer service and BC/BS Blue Card out of New York was the worst because you could never get out of the computer system and to a live agent.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Emily65Roses

No matter your insurance, you will run into problems. But I have BCBS, and I have no complaints about them (at least none that I wouldn't have about ANY other insurance company).

I listen to other people complain and I thank my luck that my mom's BCBS is so good.

Emily65Roses

No matter your insurance, you will run into problems. But I have BCBS, and I have no complaints about them (at least none that I wouldn't have about ANY other insurance company).

I listen to other people complain and I thank my luck that my mom's BCBS is so good.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses