body changes after transplant

kittykat

Does anyone who has had a transplant know if the changes wrought by CF will be eradicated after transplant? I hope that the clubbed fingers and barrel chest will be changed to a normal look after my transplant?

kittykat

Does anyone who has had a transplant know if the changes wrought by CF will be eradicated after transplant? I hope that the clubbed fingers and barrel chest will be changed to a normal look after my transplant?

kittykat

kittykat

kittykat

coltsfan715

I know for me my posture has improved tremendously.

The barrel chestedness is slight but still there a little bit.

Clubbed fingers my doc said could take a few years to completely resolve.

I know for me the biggest change I have seen is my ability to build muscle. Befpre my transplant it did not matter how much I would exercise I was still small and muscle LESS but now post transplant I have been able to put on weight and build muscle - so I am becoming more proprtional.

I think another thing that I am thankful for is that the chronic muscle and back pain I had pre transplant is almost non existant now. Since I am not coughing constantly and not struggling so hard to breathe.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

I know for me the biggest change I have seen is my ability to build muscle. Befpre my transplant it did not matter how much I would exercise I was still small and muscle LESS but now post transplant I have been able to put on weight and build muscle - so I am becoming more proprtional.

I think another thing that I am thankful for is that the chronic muscle and back pain I had pre transplant is almost non existant now. Since I am not coughing constantly and not struggling so hard to breathe.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />The barrel chestedness is slight but still there a little bit.
<br />
<br />Clubbed fingers my doc said could take a few years to completely resolve.
<br />
<br />I know for me the biggest change I have seen is my ability to build muscle. Befpre my transplant it did not matter how much I would exercise I was still small and muscle LESS but now post transplant I have been able to put on weight and build muscle - so I am becoming more proprtional.
<br />
<br />I think another thing that I am thankful for is that the chronic muscle and back pain I had pre transplant is almost non existant now. Since I am not coughing constantly and not struggling so hard to breathe.
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Linds

kittykat

THank you - your answer gives me hope. I've been waiting for tx for 4 months; hopefully the call will come soon.

kittykat

THank you - your answer gives me hope. I've been waiting for tx for 4 months; hopefully the call will come soon.

kittykat

kittykat

kittykat