Breathing Treatments

Hi All,<br>This has probably been discussed quite a bit already but I would like to know other people's experiences with their breathing treatments. What types do you do, how do you do them, what order, are any mixable, etc? How do people feel when they skip a day of treatment? What breathing treatments are your favorites/must haves, etc? <br>I have only been doing breathing treatmentd for a month and I find that I have to nebulize albuterol or else I feel like I cant breath. The albuterol makes my hands a bit shakey for about half an hour afterward.The rest of them I am fairlyambivalentabout. Pulmozyme seems like it does nothing. Hypertonic saline is interesting and I like the salt taste. lol I just got the vest and it is quite the scary contraption.<br>What are your experiences???

Hi All,<br>This has probably been discussed quite a bit already but I would like to know other people's experiences with their breathing treatments. What types do you do, how do you do them, what order, are any mixable, etc? How do people feel when they skip a day of treatment? What breathing treatments are your favorites/must haves, etc? <br>I have only been doing breathing treatmentd for a month and I find that I have to nebulize albuterol or else I feel like I cant breath. The albuterol makes my hands a bit shakey for about half an hour afterward.The rest of them I am fairlyambivalentabout. Pulmozyme seems like it does nothing. Hypertonic saline is interesting and I like the salt taste. lol I just got the vest and it is quite the scary contraption.<br>What are your experiences???

CysticlyFIT

Hi there !

I do the vest 3x a day, 45 mins each time, -if i'm rushed 30 mins or a crazy day only x 2 for vest day, providing
*im feeling good*,- If i start to get sick,- 60 mins vest, and during a cold every 4 hours vest with albuterol, for x 60 mins for 10 days.

During the vest I nebulize albuterol, -3x a day, hypertonic saline x 2, and pulmozyme x 2 a day. Sometimes if i am more junky the usual I add in a mucomist/ mixed with albuterol and extend my vest for 60 mins.

Heck, I even have a treadmill at home, and have done just walking, vesting, and nebbing all at the same time !!!! Now that's SCARY !!!

This treatment routine can get old pretty quick, day in day out, so I find changing it can be"fun", for instance, doing the treadmill with vest, sitting down watching a movie with the vest, or even cooking with the vest on the kitchen, ---you don't need to sit with the vest on!

In between all this vesting, I RUN , bicycle and weight train, So get out and run or do something that get your breathing up.

If I skip a treatment, I start to feel really horrible, and it really sets me back by a day even 2 days, and my 'plumming' goes like cement.

I do pulmozyme as well, I haven been on it since I was 6 years old, it does help in thinning the mucus, least for me, even though you don't feel different, -it does work, and studies have shown this. If you go to their website, it shows you what goes on in the lung, and how pulmozyme acts on the mucus.

PM me for any more questions !

CysticlyFIT

Hi there !

I do the vest 3x a day, 45 mins each time, -if i'm rushed 30 mins or a crazy day only x 2 for vest day, providing
*im feeling good*,- If i start to get sick,- 60 mins vest, and during a cold every 4 hours vest with albuterol, for x 60 mins for 10 days.

During the vest I nebulize albuterol, -3x a day, hypertonic saline x 2, and pulmozyme x 2 a day. Sometimes if i am more junky the usual I add in a mucomist/ mixed with albuterol and extend my vest for 60 mins.

Heck, I even have a treadmill at home, and have done just walking, vesting, and nebbing all at the same time !!!! Now that's SCARY !!!

This treatment routine can get old pretty quick, day in day out, so I find changing it can be"fun", for instance, doing the treadmill with vest, sitting down watching a movie with the vest, or even cooking with the vest on the kitchen, ---you don't need to sit with the vest on!

In between all this vesting, I RUN , bicycle and weight train, So get out and run or do something that get your breathing up.

If I skip a treatment, I start to feel really horrible, and it really sets me back by a day even 2 days, and my 'plumming' goes like cement.

I do pulmozyme as well, I haven been on it since I was 6 years old, it does help in thinning the mucus, least for me, even though you don't feel different, -it does work, and studies have shown this. If you go to their website, it shows you what goes on in the lung, and how pulmozyme acts on the mucus.

PM me for any more questions !