brief, yet smart CF explanation?

karenanne99

breathing threw a star..thats exactly how an elementry school teacher explained it to my class one time..cannot remember WHY she was teaching us that but t was pretty accurate to help the other kids understand it somewhat!!...my friend suggested that i didnt need a straw though..haha i think her shin is still bruised from my mighty kick!!!

karenanne99

breathing threw a star..thats exactly how an elementry school teacher explained it to my class one time..cannot remember WHY she was teaching us that but t was pretty accurate to help the other kids understand it somewhat!!...my friend suggested that i didnt need a straw though..haha i think her shin is still bruised from my mighty kick!!!

lightNlife

Here's my brief description:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.helium.com/tm/110065">Cystic Fibrosis Explained</a>

It's not a quick two-liner, but it's a handy link to throw into email whenever I need to.

lightNlife

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.helium.com/tm/110065">Cystic Fibrosis Explained</a>

It's not a quick two-liner, but it's a handy link to throw into email whenever I need to.

lightNlife

thelizardqueen

I basically tell people that I have CF, which causes digestive and breathing issues. Basically I dont produce enzymes to digest food, and I get a lot of chest infections. People dont usually ask a lot of questions after that. They are usually smart and do their own research.

thelizardqueen

I basically tell people that I have CF, which causes digestive and breathing issues. Basically I dont produce enzymes to digest food, and I get a lot of chest infections. People dont usually ask a lot of questions after that. They are usually smart and do their own research.

thelizardqueen

Fruity

when kids ask, I tell them I get sick from the air. it's the easiest explanation. They are asking of course, because I wear a face mask and so it's obvious that there is something different about me. To adults when they ask at work, I tell them I have a genetic lung disease called CF, and it basically makes my lungs produce extra mucus that is a favorite place for bacteria to live, so i get sick easier, so i wear the mask. If they ask more, I tell them more. but usually, no one asks more in depth than that.

My shortest sum up is "It's a genetic disease that can affect the entire body, but the most effected areas are the lungs and digestive system. It causes the body to produce more mucus and that gives way to lung infections, and it also blocks the pancrease from working properly."

When people want more than that, then i go into the salt defect and all that stuff.

Be well.

Ceci

Fruity

when kids ask, I tell them I get sick from the air. it's the easiest explanation. They are asking of course, because I wear a face mask and so it's obvious that there is something different about me. To adults when they ask at work, I tell them I have a genetic lung disease called CF, and it basically makes my lungs produce extra mucus that is a favorite place for bacteria to live, so i get sick easier, so i wear the mask. If they ask more, I tell them more. but usually, no one asks more in depth than that.

My shortest sum up is "It's a genetic disease that can affect the entire body, but the most effected areas are the lungs and digestive system. It causes the body to produce more mucus and that gives way to lung infections, and it also blocks the pancrease from working properly."

When people want more than that, then i go into the salt defect and all that stuff.

Be well.

Ceci

Fruity

Be well.

Ceci