Bronch Pain

CountryGirl

I had my annual tx appt last week on Monday and my bronch on Tuesday. The drs said that there was a ton of mucus in my throat and I was coughing like crazy during the bronch. They werent able to get a biopsy but they said my lungs looked "pristine."

So yea...The next day I woke up with horrible neck and back and shoulder pain. We figured it was from the way they lay you on the table. But two days later I started getting a pain in my chest, by my sternum when I take a deep breath.
I went to the my tx dr on Friday to have him check it out and all, he said he thinks I just pulled a muscle or some cartelidge. (spelling???) Which totally makes sense because I was coughing alot!

However, today, the side of my chest started hurting too when I take a deep breath or cough or laugh....

When should this go away if it is just a pulled muscle or cartelidge?

CountryGirl

I had my annual tx appt last week on Monday and my bronch on Tuesday. The drs said that there was a ton of mucus in my throat and I was coughing like crazy during the bronch. They werent able to get a biopsy but they said my lungs looked "pristine."

So yea...The next day I woke up with horrible neck and back and shoulder pain. We figured it was from the way they lay you on the table. But two days later I started getting a pain in my chest, by my sternum when I take a deep breath.
I went to the my tx dr on Friday to have him check it out and all, he said he thinks I just pulled a muscle or some cartelidge. (spelling???) Which totally makes sense because I was coughing alot!

However, today, the side of my chest started hurting too when I take a deep breath or cough or laugh....

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />So yea...The next day I woke up with horrible neck and back and shoulder pain. We figured it was from the way they lay you on the table. But two days later I started getting a pain in my chest, by my sternum when I take a deep breath.
<br />I went to the my tx dr on Friday to have him check it out and all, he said he thinks I just pulled a muscle or some cartelidge. (spelling???) Which totally makes sense because I was coughing alot!
<br />
<br />However, today, the side of my chest started hurting too when I take a deep breath or cough or laugh....
<br />
<br />When should this go away if it is just a pulled muscle or cartelidge?

Transplantmommy

Anna,
When I get pulled muscles, the pain is normally gone within the same day. I'm not sure how long it would take pain from pulled cartlidge to go away....if it's an actual tear, that may take a while. I would say that if it continues to hurt, get one their butts about it!! After a Tx, you can't let too many things go for too lung because then it may turn into something more serious. I hope that the pain goes away soon!

Transplantmommy

Anna,
When I get pulled muscles, the pain is normally gone within the same day. I'm not sure how long it would take pain from pulled cartlidge to go away....if it's an actual tear, that may take a while. I would say that if it continues to hurt, get one their butts about it!! After a Tx, you can't let too many things go for too lung because then it may turn into something more serious. I hope that the pain goes away soon!

Transplantmommy

Anna,

Transplantmommy

Anna,

Transplantmommy

Anna,
<br />When I get pulled muscles, the pain is normally gone within the same day. I'm not sure how long it would take pain from pulled cartlidge to go away....if it's an actual tear, that may take a while. I would say that if it continues to hurt, get one their butts about it!! After a Tx, you can't let too many things go for too lung because then it may turn into something more serious. I hope that the pain goes away soon!

OldTex

Anna:

I've had 2 bronchs done since my transplant on 4/9/08 and was sore for 3-4 days after each one. Mine hurt mostly internally but I figured it must have just been from all of the poking around and biopsies that they did. After about the 4th day everything went back to normal feeling so hopefully you will be OK by about now.

PS-Congratulations on 1 year!

Jim
Fort Worth, TX
CF with Double Lung Transplant

OldTex

Anna:

I've had 2 bronchs done since my transplant on 4/9/08 and was sore for 3-4 days after each one. Mine hurt mostly internally but I figured it must have just been from all of the poking around and biopsies that they did. After about the 4th day everything went back to normal feeling so hopefully you will be OK by about now.

Jim
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Anna:

Jim
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Anna:

Jim
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Anna:
<br />
<br />I've had 2 bronchs done since my transplant on 4/9/08 and was sore for 3-4 days after each one. Mine hurt mostly internally but I figured it must have just been from all of the poking around and biopsies that they did. After about the 4th day everything went back to normal feeling so hopefully you will be OK by about now.
<br />
<br />PS-Congratulations on 1 year!
<br />
<br />Jim
<br />Fort Worth, TX
<br />CF with Double Lung Transplant

CountryGirl

Yeah this is my fourth bronch since tx and I never had any pain afterwards like this before. Maybe a little soreness but that was it. I can only guess that its cause this time I was coughing alot during it.

CountryGirl

Yeah this is my fourth bronch since tx and I never had any pain afterwards like this before. Maybe a little soreness but that was it. I can only guess that its cause this time I was coughing alot during it.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />