Bronchiectasis

amyr

Once the bronchiectasis starts is there always a cough or is it just if there is an active infection going on? My daughter never really seems to get rid of her cough. Some days it is wet others dry. She doesn't cough all the time but doesn't ever not cough. My son is the same just not as bad he tends to have more of a dry cough. She has me very worried because she just doesn't look healthy.

amyr

Once the bronchiectasis starts is there always a cough or is it just if there is an active infection going on? My daughter never really seems to get rid of her cough. Some days it is wet others dry. She doesn't cough all the time but doesn't ever not cough. My son is the same just not as bad he tends to have more of a dry cough. She has me very worried because she just doesn't look healthy.

amyr

amyr

amyr

S

sdelorenzo

How is your daughter's weight? My daughter did not look healthy either two years ago. She was very thin. She got a g-tube button then for night feedings and it has made a world of difference. She got the color back in her skin. She had a drs appt on Friday and her cf dr said we need to think about cutting back her in calories because she is getting a bit too chubby at 80%bmi (is that possible??).
Her pft's also rose immediately once she got her first (and only) tune-up two years ago as well. Her pft's have stayed good since.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 6 weeks carrier

S

sdelorenzo

How is your daughter's weight? My daughter did not look healthy either two years ago. She was very thin. She got a g-tube button then for night feedings and it has made a world of difference. She got the color back in her skin. She had a drs appt on Friday and her cf dr said we need to think about cutting back her in calories because she is getting a bit too chubby at 80%bmi (is that possible??).
Her pft's also rose immediately once she got her first (and only) tune-up two years ago as well. Her pft's have stayed good since.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Her pft's also rose immediately once she got her first (and only) tune-up two years ago as well. Her pft's have stayed good since.
<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 6 weeks carrier

T

tammykrumrey

My oldest daughter with CF has bronchiectasis as well. We found this out about two years ago or so from a CT scan. And yes, I was shocked, just as you. I was disappointed in how much damage their seemed to be compared to what the annual X-Rays showed.

My younger daughter with CF has never had a CT scan. X-Rays have always looked good until this year-they still look good, but a little bit of more white showed up on the screen this time. I don't know what a CT scan would show.

My Kayla was always at the 50% for her weight until these past 6 months, so I do not think her weight had anything to do with the lung damage.

T

tammykrumrey

My oldest daughter with CF has bronchiectasis as well. We found this out about two years ago or so from a CT scan. And yes, I was shocked, just as you. I was disappointed in how much damage their seemed to be compared to what the annual X-Rays showed.

My younger daughter with CF has never had a CT scan. X-Rays have always looked good until this year-they still look good, but a little bit of more white showed up on the screen this time. I don't know what a CT scan would show.

My Kayla was always at the 50% for her weight until these past 6 months, so I do not think her weight had anything to do with the lung damage.

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

<br />
<br />My younger daughter with CF has never had a CT scan. X-Rays have always looked good until this year-they still look good, but a little bit of more white showed up on the screen this time. I don't know what a CT scan would show.
<br />
<br />My Kayla was always at the 50% for her weight until these past 6 months, so I do not think her weight had anything to do with the lung damage.
<br />
<br />

Buckeye

So it sounds like you can only see this on a CT then? I keep asking if my son should have a CT of his chest and the clinic keeps saying not right now. He gets a x-ray every three months, but if that's not going to catch everything I want the CT. Besides he has had probably three CTs since he was diagnosed, but on other parts of his body - kidney stones, head, etc. - they could have just added the chest onto those ones.

Buckeye

So it sounds like you can only see this on a CT then? I keep asking if my son should have a CT of his chest and the clinic keeps saying not right now. He gets a x-ray every three months, but if that's not going to catch everything I want the CT. Besides he has had probably three CTs since he was diagnosed, but on other parts of his body - kidney stones, head, etc. - they could have just added the chest onto those ones.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye