bruises from ivs

what's the best way to cover brusies from ivs in 100 degree heat? went out into the world and people were looking at me funny due to brusies.
the brusies are a little sore. how do you help them to heal?

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Are they on your arms? Maybe you could wrap some tan bandage wrap (I think they sell thin ones as well as thick) People might still stare. Maybe that would at least show less expressions of concern, worry & curiosity.

I heat up a bead buddy in the microwave that I use for my neck/back muscles but it comes in handy when I have sore I.V bruises.

Brad

I have then now from botched ABG's. I got a Pic this time as soon as I got admitted.
Both wrists are black and blue.. I gave the tech 2 trys in each wrist, Then I told hin to get a
Tech with more experience, She came in pop, done... She did another 4 days later. No problem.
I tried the young guy whee to poke me, He was hard headed.. I have had 30 to 40, I know the spot.

I wear thin cotton long sleeve shirts to cover up/

mamerth

I wear light sweaters most of the time (even in the summer).

If I don't wear a sweater and someone asks what happened to me I tell them I am slowing turning in to a blueberry.

My ABG poke took two tries. The bruising looked GROSS it went from my thumb down my arm! I hid my hand when we would go shopping.